IMPORTING GUITAR RIG 5 PRESETS

TXOLE
TXOLE Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
Hi. I changed my computer and bought the latest Logic Pro X. I migrated all my NI software including GUITAR RIG 5, which despite the fact that i have the serial number, seems to run in DEMO mode. I noticed that it was, somehow, replaced with a version of GUITAR RIG 7 that can't load my presets. Since i can't continue working with my sessions without them, i'm requesting support. Is there a way to retrieve my old presets?
Thank you very much in advance.

Best Answer

  • TXOLE
    TXOLE Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    Answer ✓
    I'm sorry for the last message. I finally solved the issue following your instructions. Thank you very much.

Answers

  • Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 352 mod

    Guitar Rig 7 does not automatically replace Guitar Rig 5 in your Logic projects. In order for those Logic projects to load correctly you need Guitar Rig 5 installed and activated. Please get in touch with our customer support if your valid Guitar Rig 5 license does not activate properly in Native Access, they will be able to help you.

  • TXOLE
    TXOLE Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    > @Eddie_NI said:
    > Guitar Rig 7 does not automatically replace Guitar Rig 5 in your Logic projects. In order for those Logic projects to load correctly you need Guitar Rig 5 installed and activated. Please get in touch with our customer support if your valid Guitar Rig 5 license does not activate properly in Native Access, they will be able to help you.

    Thank you very much for your reply. I checked my serials and i have as a registered product "KOMPLETE START - Guitar Rig 5 Factory Selection". But when i tried to use it in my new computer it didn't work. How can i contact Customer support? Thanks again!
    PS: now i have a Mac m2 OS Sonoma 14.1.1
  • TXOLE
    TXOLE Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    I read that sometimes a preset cannot be loaded due to a missing component (for example, when importing from a PRO version to an LE version). But that's not my case. I'm trying to load presets I made with the same GUITAR RIG I'm trying to reinstall. Customer support recommended I use Native Access, which I had already done without results.
  • Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 352 mod

    So if you have Guitar Rig 5 installed and enter your serial for Guitar Rig 5 Factory Selection in Native Access then Guitar Rig still does not start as activated but shows up in demo mode?

    If so please get in touch with the Native Access support here:

    https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us

  • TXOLE
    TXOLE Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    > @Eddie_NI said:
    > So if you have Guitar Rig 5 installed and enter your serial for Guitar Rig 5 Factory Selection in Native Access then Guitar Rig still does not start as activated but shows up in demo mode?
    > If so please get in touch with the Native Access support here:
    > https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us
    The first time I contacted customer support I received the following response: "The issue you are experiencing may be due to Service Center itself. It is no longer our current activation/installation tool. Please use Native Access in order to register, download, and install your products:
    Then, as you suggested, I contacted Native Access support to explain the entire situation. now I'm waiting for the answer
    Thank you
  • Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 8,801 mod

    @TXOLE If you get this demo message, it's because you have a M1 computer, please readt this article: GUITAR RIG 5, KONTAKT and SUPER 8 R2 Open as Demo Versions on Apple Silicon / M-Systems

  • TXOLE
    TXOLE Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    > @Eddie_NI said:
    > So if you have Guitar Rig 5 installed and enter your serial for Guitar Rig 5 Factory Selection in Native Access then Guitar Rig still does not start as activated but shows up in demo mode?
    > If so please get in touch with the Native Access support here:
    > https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us
    I contacted customer support
    > @Jeremy_NI said:
    > @TXOLE If you get this demo message, it's because you have a M1 computer, please readt this article: GUITAR RIG 5, KONTAKT and SUPER 8 R2 Open as Demo Versions on Apple Silicon / M-Systems

    Hello
    I followed the instructions but nothing has changed. Although I drop the Native Access icon to my applications folder, the request to replace doesn't appear. I don't know what should I do now.
    Thank you.
  • TXOLE
    TXOLE Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    Answer ✓
    I'm sorry for the last message. I finally solved the issue following your instructions. Thank you very much.
Back To Top