Massive VST3 Macro Parameters Disappear from Automation list

Options
Ghost_Train
Ghost_Train Member Posts: 21 Member
edited February 7 in Massive X & Synths

DAW: Renoise

Since seeing Massive (v1.6.0+33) got a recent update I started making music with it in Renoise.

I used the VST3 version. Created a Macro and automated it. Everything was fine.

The next day when I opened the project, all of the Macro parameters are no longer available as an option for automation. There are 212 available parameters, but no Macros. This is the same for all 3 instances of the VST3 version of Massive.

I added a VST2 version (v1.6.0+33) and it seems to be fine. Macros still show up on loaded later in a session. Is there a way to report bugs? I could not find an option under Support.

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

@Ghost_Train We were not able to reproduce this issue. Could you try and reproduce it in a small project, zip it and post it here?

• Ghost_Train
    edited February 8
    Options

@Jeremy_NI Hello

Yes, I am able to easily reproduce this issue. Please do the following:

1. Add Massive (vst3) as an instrument
    2. Create a macro in Massive (any will do) and name it something to make this easier to spot
    3. Add an *Instr. Automation too the channel in Tracker view (notice macros are available as automatable parameters). “Macro A1” (along with all other default macros) are there. (See Pic1)
    4. Save your Renoise song and then re-load it. Notice the Macro parameters are not longer available. You will not find them in the drop down like before either. They are simply gone. (see Pic2)

Pic1

Pic2

When I do the same with a VST2 version of Massive it does not happen. the parameters are loaded just fine. Ive been told this might not be a daw specific issue as VST3 plugins tend to be buggy in their code or something.

VST2 version loaded

• Ghost_Train
    edited February 8
    Options

@Jeremy_NI Just a little information update. I also posted on the Renoise forum and someone else could not replicate the issue in Renoise using VST3, but he said his version of Massive was older: v1.5.12+31

This leads me to believe it could be a bug in the newer version of Massive vst3.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,800 mod
    Options

I wonder if this is related to the changes in param sorting for NKS2. I noticed when I recently created an extended NKS1 template for Massive 1.6 that it kept wanting params to be in a certain order so in the end I just went with that.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

We were still unable to repro. @Ghost_Train Could you share Renoise logs before and after. We would need the log.txt and config.xml. You can find those here:

Windows: %appdata%\Renoise\V3.1.1\

MacOS: ~/Library/Logs/, ~/Library/Preferences/Renoise/V3.1.1/