Windows 11, Focusrite Solo, Guitar Rig 6 — Noise while watching YouTube videos

georgmierau
georgmierau Member Posts: 2 Noise
edited April 19 in Guitar Rig & FX

I'm using Focusrite Solo (3rd Gen, Firmware 1605, Driver: 4.65.5) with Guitar Rig 6.2.2 on my rather ok PC (Core i7 12700, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 11) and almost every time I start playing my guitar while watching a video on YouTube (Chrome 100.0.4896.127, 64-bit) I start hearing unpleasant "scratching" noise even on "clean" presets. It sounds like if my guitar cable would be damaged. But if I close Guitar Rig the noise disappears, so it's definitely not the cable. I haven't had this problem on my older PC (Core i5 2500K, 8 Gb RAM, Windows 10). Another strange thing is: I can't record this noise. All the recordings I made with Gutar Rig internal recorder are ok.

Windows is in "performance mode".

Any ideas how I could fix that?

Comments

• Stuart Park
    Stuart Park Member Posts: 16 Sine

Have you tried using the Noise Reduction or Noise Gate components in the Dynamics section? I had a similar issue but, once I'd added the component to each preset, it eliminated the problem. I believe the 'Gate' control at the top of the GR6 window does something similar. Or I guess you could add the component once to 'Global FX'.

• georgmierau
    georgmierau Member Posts: 2 Noise

I have them always on, but it doesn't change anything. All presets sound just fine with no YouTube in background.

• Stuart Park
    Stuart Park Member Posts: 16 Sine

Ok. I do find that certain activities in Windows (and proximity of other electronic devices) has an adverse effect on GR6 noise but not specifically Youtube and Yoitube alone. Good luck finding a solution.