Why does Super8 show up as NI GMBH?

Wilmar Boer
Wilmar Boer Member Posts: 62 Helper
edited February 2022 in Native Access

All NI plugins neatly show up in the Native Instruments category. But Super8 shows itself in another folder named Native Instruments GmbH (see attached screenshot). It seems like a simple typo-bug to fix in the installer. I just don't know how to report bugs so I thought I post it here.

Answers

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 361 Pro

Wondered about that too. It's not so great that the NI plugins are spread over various folders that way.

• pranaearth
    pranaearth Member Posts: 50 Helper

I have Absynth 5, Battery 4, FM8, Reaktor 6, and Super 8 a under the GmbH folder, and Komplete Kontrol, Kontakt, Maschine 2, Massive, and Massive X appear under the regular NI folder. I was wondering why myself.

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro

Super 8 was the first VST 3 NI instrument. But KK has not fully supported VST 3 until now and so it was contained in that folder and connected to KK with a workaround. KK 2.6.7 added the support for VST 3 which is prrsumably why Super 8 is now incorporated into KK like everything else.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,554 admin

@MyStudioOne is right.

There was a name shortening issue for the VST3 plugin in KK. Unfortunately it's a cosmetic issue so there's no plan to address this right now but I understand it can create confusions. 🤨