When will there be FL Studio integration with Kontrol S-series MK3?

Options
dearavan
dearavan Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Is there anybody at Native Instruments who can give us an update about the FL Studio integration with Kontrol S-series MK3? First it was “before the end of 2023”, somewehere in January 2024 it was “before the end of this week” and now its “coming soon”. Please give us a date and if there is a delay, please also inform us about that. Because now, its holding me back from buying one and to be honest, slowly I start losing faith that there will be a full integration with FL Studio at all.

Best Answer

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 876 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Image Line are working on it.

I cannot say any more than that. Support for the MK3 will come in an update to FL Studio, not from NI.

Answers

• Matthew_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

Image Line are working on it.

I cannot say any more than that. Support for the MK3 will come in an update to FL Studio, not from NI.

• dearavan
    dearavan Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Okay, thanks @Matthew_NI . I will ask Image Line for more information.

• Matthew_NI
    Options

We last talked with them six days ago about the progress, I think there were one or two issues yet to resolve.

• Bluto
    Bluto Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I have addressed this several times and I have to say it is sad that NI refuses to take any responsibility on their end and instead chooses to shift blame as if it is all Image-Lines fault. This is NI product thus being your responsibility for promoting support for FL Studios coming soon since product launch. I think its laughable that NI would rather point fingers instead of simply apologize yet at the same time continue to make promises they are unable to keep. There is definitely more going on hear than NI is leading us to believe, at this pace the S series keyboards will drop in price and NI should be held responsible to owe all FL Studio users the difference we paid for as compensation.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,943 mod
    Options

Since NI do not own or operate ImageLine and since the FL-Studio is not programmed by N.I. engineers then it's not very fair to try to hold N.I. responsible for FL Studio support. N.I. is not in charge of how ImageLine uses it's engineers or what is ImageLine product development focus !

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 486 Pro
    edited February 23
    Options

I'm sorry but this is the most clueless response I've ever seen on this or any other forum. Do you not understand that NI established a convention and protocol under the new MK3 design that previously never existed in ANY keyboard or controller such that ANY DAW manufacturer can integrate seamlessly and gain all the benefits it offers. The DAWs that did this are now reaping the benefits and those that didn't are not reaping the benefits. NI is NOT in the business of re-writing other people's software any more than Microsoft is responsible for re-writing other vendor's software if that vendor wants to take advantage of new capabilities in the most current version of Microsoft's operating system.

This situation says a WHOLE lot more about FL Studio's attitude toward it's users than NI's attitude toward it's users.

• Bluto
    edited February 23
    Options

Your both missing my point which is about the principal in the matter so if your not an FL Studio user then this does not concern you because you are happy you bought hardware that integrates with your DAW as advertised. That being said there should have been a basic contract signed that lays out both parties obligations and a date of when this should be achieved. If there was nothing of the sort then I find it highly irresponsible for a company to advertise since product launch based on a couple of loose conversations NI had with Image Line without having something in writing from Image Line that transparently lays out Image Lines end plan. NI shouldn't be updating ETAs if they have no clue when this will actually be implemented. Image Line has not been promoting this so is it Image Lines fault that NI pulled the trigger too early by not having any of this information in iron clad writing from Image Line? This means NI timeline and ETAs are completely baseless fabrications. This is not how business should be conducted between two companies plain and simple. There are too many assumptions and here say coming only from one party here, that is NI. Image Line did not promise us with anything and we would know nothing of the sort if it wasn't for NI consistently stringing us along to believe it is coming soon when its anything but. Now, had this been somewhere in writing coming from Image Line laying out their obligations, goals, priorities and timeline to completion then I dont think anyone would be scratching their heads here and NI has failed to produce nor mention any of this for their case.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,943 mod
    edited February 24
    Options

What is inherently wrong with this discussion is that while I that am just another user , appointed moderator , and NOT working for NI understands your frustration , and I am even sure that so would/will NI , then what is really wrong here is that while you are frustrated and want NI to say this or that then facts is that in most cases then a company like NI will most likely be bound by NDAs (Non Disclosure Agreements) and are not allowed to discuss anything other than very general things. So e.g. Matthew_NI are most likely not allowed to give any details about the NI cooperation with ImageLine. But it ought to be obvious to you and everyone else that NI / Matthew_NI cares else he would not spend time coming here to inform people once in a while.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 486 Pro
    edited February 23
    Options

No you're missing the single biggest point in all of this. As a consumer I check to ensure the product I'm buying will integrate with my DAW....BEFORE I purchase it and that's exactly what I did. And therefore I'm a happy customer because I did my due diligence as a consumer before spending my money. That's exactly what I or anyone else purchasing an item does in a free market. I would only have the right to be upset about NI's business practices if they claimed it integrated with my DAW right now and after buying it I found out it didn't.

If you purchased a new car and you had a set of extra spare tires in your garage and found out after buying the car they wouldn't fit that new car there is not a court in any country that would support your claim for damages. YOU are the sole person responsible for YOUR purchases...NO ONE ELSE. If something doesn't work for your CURRENT situation you either don't buy it, or you wait until it does...IF it does. That's at the very core of due diligence.

• Bluto
    edited February 24
    Options

I said it in another thread so ill spell it out for you since you like arguing for the sake of arguing. First, Your counterargument is irrelevant because that is due dilligence 101 of course I searched to see If my DAW was on the integration list otherwise I wouldnt be barking up their tree right now, I mean have you read any of this thread or other posts on this topic or your that guy who injects themselves in the middle of someone elses conversation for no reason just to hear yourself. Secondly, NI doesnt make it clear enough at first glance on the page, there is no separation/divider between DAWS with deep integration and those coming soon. I was that person who skimmed through after reading heres the list of supported DAWs and after I saw FL Studios on the list was all I needed to see so I bought one. And Lastly, your argument is a non sequitur because were talking about when not if FL Studios will have deep integration and coming soon doesnt mean probably 6 months from now especially when NI has been saying things such as "Certainly before end of 2023 " and "hopefully in the next 2 weeks" back in January so of course after I found this out when I got the unit that deep integration wasn't implemented yet I was kinda bummed but rest assured "Certainly before the end of 2023" I held on to those words and the keyboard I bought now patiently waiting since. Had I known it was going to be this long, I would have waited before dropping $900 then.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    edited May 2
    Options

Thanks - not sure what I'm doing wrong but the transport controls are not working or even lighting up. It did not auto setup - probably because I had it already set to MCU - however I have now changed it to the MIDI input set to KK MIDI and the DAW input set to KK DAW - not sure what else to try

• Kymeia
    Options

What's the equivalent of deleting the registry settings for Mac? Doing it manually is not working for me

• Matthew_NI
    Options

Could you confirm whether or not it looks as follows for you?

• Kymeia
    Options

It wasn't - but now I have changed the port numbers manually to match yours and now it works, but I think people will need help getting it setup as for me it didn't do it automatically and I would not have known the port numbers

thanks