Komplete A49 and Ableton Macros control issues

Steveffg
Steveffg Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello,

I've recently moved over to Ableton Live 10. I'm trying to get my A49 to control the Macros of Live. No matter what I do I can't get it to work. I've tried custom scripts and it doesn't seem to work.

Do I have the wrong midi controller? Does the A49 not play well with Ableton? 😥

Thanks in advance for the help.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,573 Expert

It can work, need to have some patience tho.

This is how I do it, this is for the MK1/2 keyboard but if you change the MIDI device and make sure your MIDI CC numbers are all correct it will work with anything:

• Steveffg

Thanks you JesterMgee

Unfortunately this is one of the first tutorials I tried. It was a very good explanation but it didn't work. I'm starting to wonder if there is an issue with the A49 controller.

Thanks,

• JesterMgee

Doubt it, probably a small detail overlooked. Can you post screenshots of what you have setup and also the user script you created?

• Steveffg

Here's the flow, let me know if I missed anything. Going through the screen shots forced me to look at that second input as if maybe thats the one I need for my file. Issue is I can't see the full name to even try it.

Thanks again Jester Mgee for the help.

• Aqueum
    Aqueum Member Posts: 13 Member

Hi @Steveffg

Did you ever manage to solve this? I’m struggling to connect an M32 to Live 11.3.2 on macOS 13.4.

I have managed to get it working but adding the second surface left it very unreliable, at times in midi mode it stops working, then I can’t get back into track mode unless I disconnect and reconnect the M32.

Hoping your eventual solution was more stable…

• JesterMgee

Post the same screenshots. His issue is likely the DAW port is selected wrongly as a midi input in the below section.