Trying to load snapshots shared by a friend who has the same libraries but in a different directory

Options
Sleepycoaster
Sleepycoaster Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

My friend is trying to give me snapshots for Abbey Road Modern Drummer White Kit. The problem is, dropping the snapshot into Kontakt 5 gives the "Content Missing" error and I cannot scroll to the snapshot using the left and right arrow buttons in the Snapshot View at the top of the Modern Drummer window. Looking online, this means the path is wrong.

I know my friend has his music files in a different directory, so the path will certainly be wrong. I cannot edit the .nksm snapshot file in a text editor since it's a binary file. Is there any functionality for sharing snapshots with other people?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sleepycoaster
    Answer ✓
    Options

Think I figured it out. My friend has Kontakt 6. My snapshot could load just fine in his but not the other way around.

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,402 mod
    Options

Kontakt 5 ???

I can't be 100% sure but I don't think that any modern library is still compatible with it...

You should update it

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited January 31
    Options

Abbey Road Drummer libraries still work in Kontakt 5 IIRC. User wouldn't get the "samples missing" dialog if the snapshot were for a newer version of Kontakt, they would get an error that future version of Kontakt is required.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,876 mod
    Options

@Sleepycoaster Someone from the Kontakt team suggested trying this:

One thing which could help here is. Load the parent nki file, create a dummy snapshot, and then put the snapshots you want to load into the following path:

<UserDocFolder>/Native Instruments/User Content/<LibraryName>/<nki-Name>/

In this path the dummy nksn should also be found.

Then you can open the snapshots in the instrument header of the nki as a User Snapshot.

• Sleepycoaster
    Options

Thanks for relaying. Unfortunately, while the dummy .nksn file I made of the default setup loads fine, my friend's snapshot runs into no fewer issues, even if it's in the same directory. It still won't show up scrolling through the snapshot bar; it shows up in the drop-down but won't load; and dropping it into empty Kontakt gives the same error.

• Sleepycoaster
    Answer ✓
    Options

Think I figured it out. My friend has Kontakt 6. My snapshot could load just fine in his but not the other way around.