NAMM 2024 and NI...??? Any surprises this week???

Options
nightjar
nightjar Member Posts: 1,287 Guru

Lots of companies have let new product info leak out.. but not NI.

Wonder if the scheduled website maintenance on Jan 22 is part of a reveal.. guess we'll know soon.

Big New Kontakt Product?

Big Maschine Update?

Big MIDI 2.0 update for S-Mk3 keyboards?

Comments

• AlessWo
    AlessWo Member Posts: 22 Member
    Options

the big players have done their moves, we as NI fans want something hugeeeee here, even yamaha came from nowhere surprising the niche of TE. Guys on NI please replay with something related to Maschine stand alone or something like MPC stems , you have melodyne under your hood, do something integrated to maschine software please.

• nightjar
    Options

Welp.. NAMM starts on Jan 25... two days from this posting.

Nothing new from NI has been mention officially yet.. or leaked out.

I hope there might still a surprise.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,147 Guru
    Options

Check the exhibitors list. Native Instruments are not exhibiting. They don't have a stand.

All they have is a private meeting room.

• nightjar
    Options

Haven't been to a NAMM show for a few years, but private meeting rooms can be better than a stand on the floor..

And in either case, something new could still be happening.. but I have doubts that anything is ready.

• nightjar
    edited January 23
    Options

Arturia announced Pigments 5 today... NKS compatible.. no mention of NKS2 that I saw

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 361 Pro
    Options

Rather a point upgrade though. I guess they needed something for NAMM.

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 148 Advisor
    Options

Don't expect anything.

Correct me if I am wrong, NI has always released his new hardware and major software updates in the 4th quarter of the year. I doubt we see anything significantly before that time (though I hope I'm wrong).

In September or October we will get Komplete 15, that's almost a guarantee. Other than that, anyone's guess is as good as mine.

• 25Kyz
    25Kyz Member Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Unless NI changed the business model along with their logo it’s a no go for NAMM. They’ve never released anything during this time with possibly an evoucher and even that’s nothing to hold your breath for.

• oobe79
    oobe79 Member Posts: 83 Helper
    Options

Native Instrument big NAMM 2024 reveal:

“Surprise! Your software and products don’t work anymore! See you in 2025!”

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,773 mod
    Options

Their NKS implementation is a bit basic though, OK for performance but not for deeper sound design or more expressive playing, so I made an extended template and also updated all the factory patches with it - in the NKS User Library/Arturia folder (left the Factory 4 extended library there too for anyone who hasn't yet upgraded)

• nightjar
    Options
  • nightjar
    Options

Just checked the NAMM map... NI's "private" meeting room is on the main floor and about 5 times the size of Arturia's nearby booth space

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 202 Advisor
    Options

MAschine MK4 leak dropped on instagram from the booth setup.

• OhulahanBass
    OhulahanBass Member Posts: 137 Pro
    edited January 25
    Options

I'm not sure that is real. It would be interesting to see if it is, though it would also be a bummer if that is why M+ hasn't had a real update in a long while.