Can one KK keyboard be given priority over the other(s)?

nwebb
nwebb Member Posts: 12 Member
edited April 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi. I have two Komplete Control keyboards plugged in to my computer (an M32 and an S61 - one is on my desk, for quick inputting of ideas, and the bigger one is for when I want to play more intricate stuff).

Currently, when I start my DAW the M32 'grabs' control. What I mean by this is that its display shows the currently selected instrument, while the screens on the S61 both remain blank (i.e. they show the MIDI connector symbol) - the S61 can be used to play the sound, but not control it. I want it the other way around, because the M32's screens are tiny.

The M32 doesn't have an on-off switch, so turning the keyboards on in a different order isn't easy (right now,I'm constantly yanking out / putting in the USB cable) and doesn't always work (often the M32 seems to take back control).

I'd love to say to the NI Software: 'Hey, if both devices are on, I'd like the larger one to have priority please!' After asking around on the Logic forums, the general consensus is that this would most likely be in the NI software rather than the DAW.

Any ideas if this is possible?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    Answer ✓

Short answer is: not possible

Pretty sure it grabs whatever keyboard is higher in the alphabet so A or M series takes priority over S.

There is no way to specify which you wish to use, or to even use 2 at the same time. It has been requested for as long as the MK2 has been out and people then had an MK1 and MK2 keyboard but it's yet another feature on the rather long list of "features that may (but probably wont) be considered... maybe.... someday...."

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    Answer ✓

Short answer is: not possible

Pretty sure it grabs whatever keyboard is higher in the alphabet so A or M series takes priority over S.

There is no way to specify which you wish to use, or to even use 2 at the same time. It has been requested for as long as the MK2 has been out and people then had an MK1 and MK2 keyboard but it's yet another feature on the rather long list of "features that may (but probably wont) be considered... maybe.... someday...."

• nwebb
    nwebb Member Posts: 12 Member

Thanks. Grateful to have an answer - it will save me time messing about, trying to get it to work