Can I use Maschine Plus in Logic Pro for Ipad?

Options
Lehmann_DK
Lehmann_DK Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited January 3 in Maschine

Hi Community

I have tried to setup Maschine Plus in Logic Pro for Ipad - but can not get it to work. Anyone knows if it works or what I do wrong?

1) Have connected USB B port on Maschine Plus to IPad USB C (via USB adaptor) 2) Downloaded new Logic Pro App for Ipad. 3) Tried to add Midi Instrument or External Instrument in Logic Pro and used "all" for channels.

I can see "Maschine Plus" as a Midi Instrument on the Ipad - but hear no sounds when using the pads. Also I tried to change settings for channels on the Maschine plus.

Love to hear if someones knows how it could work :)

Thx!!

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,941 Guru
    Options

Maybe, but just maybe, you should experiment with audio settings, as well as changing the settings of your CoreAudio engine if you can't hear anything from the pad.

Am I close, sir?

• Lehmann_DK
    Options

It seems like the Ipad does not register any sounds from the Maschine - so would not expect it to be a audio problem only. If I add a "normal Instrument" (like a keyboard) in Logic - you can see the sounds added to the track when playing on the keys. If I use the Maschine - it registers no sounds on the Ipad and leaves no "bars" to the track.

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,941 Guru
    Options

Hmm...

Maybe someone else can help you then...

Have a nice day, good sir!

• Lehmann_DK
    Options

You too! And Thanks alot Milos

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    edited January 3
    Options

If what you want to achieve is to ear M+ sounds through iPad speakers, you can’t do it just with just the USB cable. M+ has no audio going through the USB cable, just midi. You have to add an audio interface for the iPad and an audio cable from M+ to the audio interface.

What you can do with only one USB cable is having M+ controlling instruments on the iPad or iPad controlling instruments in M+ (depending on how you connect them). The audio (without an audio interface and a cable) will always come only from the device containing the instrument otherwise

• Lehmann_DK
    Options

Thanks! To boil it down, I want to be able to use Logic Pro on the Ipad to edit, organize and arrange my songs, but use Maschine Plus to make the sounds (external instrument). So using Machine to play sounds via the pads but leverage the Power of a DAW tool to work with the song along the way. So instead of using a MAC/PC for DAW, I just want to use the IPAD.

On audio, I already use head phones and external speakers (cabled to the Maschine) - So the IPad is mainly to use Logic Pro for song creation.

Hope it makes sense - but still not getting it to work.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

I can see "Maschine Plus" as a Midi Instrument on the Ipad - but hear no sounds when using the pads.

Forget the iPad for a second, if a sound is loaded to a Pad and you press pads you should hear sound coming from the M+, if not even if this is working something is very wrong. You gotta fix this 1st before moving on to much more complicated matters...

Go to settings, hardware and make sure + Phones is enabled for the Output and the volume knob on the back is turned up.