Looking for help getting started with Kontakt Player

ctodd
ctodd Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Native Access

hello,

I have installed the NI access center and the free Kontact player, all in order to use a 3rd party instrument, (if it's helpful to know; The Wildmother's Dulcimer, from Pianobook associated with Spitfire Instruments).

I get as far as loading up the .nki in a Logic Project. I can hear the samples being triggered by the little graphic keyboard in the instrument GUI but I can't get anything to play through Logic itself.

I think there's some key step I'm missing. Someone! Please advise! (Does Native Access even have support for the Player users?!)

Tagged:

Answers

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro

I'm not sure I understand; you make it sound as if you're trying to load the nki file directory into Logic, however.. the normal procedure is to add the Kontakt player to your project after which you should be able to play it as if it were an instrument.

Before trying this particular gizmo, what happens when you try to load one of the instruments in the Kontakt library itself?

• ctodd

Thanks for responding!

I have also installed NI's World instrument selection and the same thing happens. That is, everything seems installed, loaded and ready to go. I can hear the appropriate sounds when I click and the graphic keyboard (hi-lit in blue) but when I try to play a sound through my Logic nothing happens...

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro

Odd.

Just trying to rule out a few possible issues here: does Logic produce any sounds when you use other instruments?

Also: what happens when you try to run Kontakt standalone, does it generate sounds that way?

• ctodd

Yes, the Logic stock sounds work. I am also running 3rd party sounds on the Logic sampler. My Spitfire BBC orchestra is working. Have used East West instruments in the past.

Running Kontakt standalone results in the same performance; I can make sounds happen via mouse and the little graphic interface but not through my keyboard.