AbbeyRoad Drummer series - terrible hiss noise

Options
Benki_cz
Benki_cz Member Posts: 1 Member
edited January 1 in Kontakt

Hi guys, I just started using AR drummers after some while and just found out again how terrible hiss noise is there. Did anybody found out the way to get rid of that? I guess not but cant believe this is what we got...

Attached example is 70s drummer kick (low velocity), soloed, Progressive rock preset, nothing tweaked. This makes all the series absolutely useless for me...

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 491 Pro
    edited January 2 Answer ✓
    Options

With the fader maxed out on the kick, I guess I'm not surprised you've amplified the underlying hiss to perceptible levels. If that's what you feel you need then you're stuck with either dealing with it with EQ or applying an adjustable gate with frequency targeting or adjust the velocity and reduce the output. I've used the 70's kit on multiple projects with no perceptible problems. But then I don't do anything as dramatic as raise the level of the kick drum that high above everything else in the kit. Normally it's just small moves on the fader.

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,942 Guru
    Options

I would recommend using EQ for the parts of the drums that have a hiss sound.

Basically, remove the higher frequencies.

I had the same issue with my Guitar sample from Factory Library 2 and it mostly helped.

Btw, you can use compression as well, it can also hide the hiss and also give you a catchy sound.

Let me know if any of this helped, sir!

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 491 Pro
    edited January 2 Answer ✓
    Options

With the fader maxed out on the kick, I guess I'm not surprised you've amplified the underlying hiss to perceptible levels. If that's what you feel you need then you're stuck with either dealing with it with EQ or applying an adjustable gate with frequency targeting or adjust the velocity and reduce the output. I've used the 70's kit on multiple projects with no perceptible problems. But then I don't do anything as dramatic as raise the level of the kick drum that high above everything else in the kit. Normally it's just small moves on the fader.