Accidentally Bought Kontakt 7 again, Unsure of Previous Version

Options
Fanis
Fanis Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello guys,

I recently purchased the full version of Kontakt 7, but upon checking my Native Access, I discovered that I already had it. The issue is that I'm not sure whether I had the paid or trial version before buying it, as I had only used Kontakt Player. I don't recall purchasing it previously, though. Is it possible to check if I already had the full version of Kontakt 7?

Best Answer

• MartinHines
    MartinHines Member Posts: 37 Helper
    Answer ✓
    Options

As I understand, there is just one version of Kontakt 7.

if you buy a license, you unlock full capabilities.

if not, Kontakt 7 acts as a player only.

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,946 Guru
    Options

Hmm...maybe it is possible.

You should check if you have 2 different serial numbers for the same K7.

If you do have them, then you bought the K7 again.

Maybe you can just give the 2nd one away to someone who needs it.

• nzih
    nzih Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I can't comment on whether you repurchased, but it is possible.

I nearly did something similar with an expansion, I selected it and was about to purchase, after putting in my details, but I did a check before purchasing, and found I already had it, it had been bundled with something else.

This is a real gripe I have with NI. NI know everything we've purchased from them, it's all in our account, along with activations, so why is it possible to do this? Laziness or thoughtlessness from NI, but it shouldn't happen, or at the least, it should warn you.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,237 mod
    Options

If you've bought two copies by accident I'd contact support. They might be able to refund one of them if it was clearly a mistake.

-- Mike

• Fanis
    Options

Thank you, everyone, for your replies. I've already reached out to support regarding this issue and I am currently awaiting their response. What's intriguing is that I had already a shortcut for Kontakt 7, but I'm uncertain whether it was a demo version or not.

@Milos I checked the license number of my Kontakt 7, and it differs from the one I purchased. It also indicates a full license. I'm pretty sure that I didn't buy it though. Is it possible that I got it after getting my Komplete Kontrol A25?

@nzih I know, right? It's so strange that NI haven't thought about this. It's essential to check every time to ensure you don't already have something. I've had quite a few free instruments that are now paid, so I need to stay careful and avoid purchasing duplicates.

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,946 Guru
    Options

Maybe you have a point, Fanis.

But again, if in any case you have a duplicate, you can do a refund as Mike said.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,237 mod
    Options

You can hide items you already own in the shop so that helps avoid duplicate purchases.

-- Mike

• MartinHines
    MartinHines Member Posts: 37 Helper
    Answer ✓
    Options

As I understand, there is just one version of Kontakt 7.

if you buy a license, you unlock full capabilities.

if not, Kontakt 7 acts as a player only.

• Fanis
    Options

@MartinHines I share the same thought. It's possible that I only had the player version, but I want to confirm. Let's wait and see what NI will respond to me.