Session Guitarist Electric Mint - How to stop plucking sound when notes are released?

Options
NotsoElectro
NotsoElectro Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi, I'm probably being really dumb but I cannot fathom how to stop the strings from making a 'plucking' sound when being released (on Melody mode). If the MIDI note releases the note before it decays naturally there's a really annoying click as if being plucked... It makes solos that aren't a continuous stream of notes sound awful... Any suggestions? I'm no music technician, just a hobbyist! None of the settings seem to help. Thanks in advance

Tagged:

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,947 Guru
    Options

Can you screenshot me the Electric Mint tab?

• nobadmojo
    nobadmojo Member Posts: 100 Helper
    Options

Sound descriptions are subjective, so i dont know exactly what sound you are describing...Maybe your instrument is in 'palm muting' mode? that prevents the sound from ringing out/having sustain. Palm Muting is controlled with a keyswitch on the lower end of your keyboard

• NotsoElectro
    NotsoElectro Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi @Milos thank you for replying. Here are the EM screens, everything is pretty much default to the Light Purple preset. I have another track using these exact same settings (as far as i can see) where the plucking doesn't happen, so I'd love to know where it comes from if poss. Many thanks

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,947 Guru
    Options

Hmm...I would just experiment with 'muted notes' knob and lowering the Frets knob on the Guitar Settings.

And you can try to at least make the plucking sound a bit more silent with EQ.

But to be honest, I actually like the plucking sound, it makes the library more natural, but ok...I guess...

Anyways, let me know if my hints helped, sir!