Are Kontakt 7 Instruments supposed to show up under Live11 Plugins->VST3... hierarchy?

Options
jimtellier
jimtellier Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I see Plug Ins->VST3->Native Instruments->Kontakt 7, but nothing under that. I just got the Impact Soundworks "Pedal Steel" and for the life of me can't figure out how to pop it into a MIDI track in Live. Sorry if this isn't the right forum for my question; just not sure what piece of this puzzle needs solving! Thanks for any assist!!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 481 Pro
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Are you using the Ableton browser window or are you trying to drop it directly into a MIDI track? In my Ableton Live 11 I just select the Plug-Ins category on the browser window and it shows Native Instruments as a category. I just drag Kontakt 7 onto a MIDI track and it loads Kontakt as my plugin for that track at the bottom of the screen and that's where I select Pedal Steel and work with it normally in Kontakt and it's integrated seamlessly with my Ableton track.

You configure Plug-Ins by selecting Options->Preferences->Plug-Ins in Ableton.

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,939 Guru
    Options

You mean you can't see the piano roll of your instrument?

Could you please show more details?

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 481 Pro
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Are you using the Ableton browser window or are you trying to drop it directly into a MIDI track? In my Ableton Live 11 I just select the Plug-Ins category on the browser window and it shows Native Instruments as a category. I just drag Kontakt 7 onto a MIDI track and it loads Kontakt as my plugin for that track at the bottom of the screen and that's where I select Pedal Steel and work with it normally in Kontakt and it's integrated seamlessly with my Ableton track.

You configure Plug-Ins by selecting Options->Preferences->Plug-Ins in Ableton.

• jimtellier
    Options

Not talking about piano roll; I'm looking at the Ableton browser window under Plug Ins...etc

• jimtellier
    Options

I happened to do a System Update last nite, then when I restarted Live, I verified the Plug Ins in Preferences; the instrument "load" operation hadn't worked yesterday, but it does now, so I'm good to go. Thanks for your help guys!