Maschine+ 1.5 = OUT NOW

Options

Comments

• Ruffiano
    Ruffiano Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Hi everyone,

After the update, I cannot see 11 of my expansions in the browser. In the settings they appear under "Available", but they are installed.

The expansions are:

Amplified Funk, Backyard Jams, Basement Era, Borough Chops, Burnt Hues, Byte Riot, Chromatic Fire, Circuit Halo, Deep Matter, DistrictXeo, Free Form.

If I try to install one of them, all the others will also show up in the browser, but once I reboot they will disappear from the browser. Any ideas? @Kaiwan_NI

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 171 Advisor
    edited December 2023
    Options

As far as I know there was a mismatch between Maschine on the desktop using VST3 and the M+ that didn’t support it (it was still on VST2). So projects were no longer compatible. I use M+ primarily as a standalone workstation, so I haven’t experienced the mismatch.

• kinskop
    kinskop Member Posts: 18 Helper
    Options

Nah...I know it's kind of a niche one....but I can't sync up with Ableton Link via Ethernet Adapter anymore :( Worked like a charm before and was quite essential to me as it was so much more stable then WiFi. Hopefully at least the wifi connection will be more stable then before and my Machine will not ask me to re-enter my wifi password every 30 minutes.

• Ruffiano
    Ruffiano Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Hi @MaikR ,

Yes, sorry for the bad explanation. What happens is that I own 20+ expansions and 11 of them are not shown in the browser anymore, but appearing as "Available" under the settings (so, that need to be installed).

So I try to install one of them and all the other "magically" show up in the browser too.

Once i reboot the Maschine+, the 11 ones won't show again in the browser.

I already tried several times, but nothing better happens.

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 171 Advisor
    Options

Thanks! And your second post was much more clear to me.

It sucks, so hopefully NI Support will solve this one quick and properly 👍🏻

• Kai_NI
    Kai_NI Product Team Posts: 51 mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

All products (like Kontakt and Reaktor) are being updated automatically to the latest version by installing the system update. No instruments are expected to show up for update otherwise. Once you installed the update, everything should be up to date.

• jolly Dodger
    jolly Dodger Member Posts: 55 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Other bought NI Kontakt / Reaktor products do not appear in the available products to d/l.

Anyone tried loading NI bought Kontakt/ Reaktor instruments as user? or am I getting confused about what the VST and available libraries update means? So in terms of new instruments/fx what’s new? We get all the factory Kontakt 7 & Reaktor instruments?

This is great but my no1 request has not been addressed. internal/external midi-routing… i.e. being able to arm or disarm midi groups like every other box I’ve used.

I can confirm that after installing and rebooting, all expansions are missing and it says that you require to reinstall. meh. I wish I had not installed this so quick. Let’s see if NI spent enough time/money beta testing this release, or if we are the GuineaPigs and NI have no wish to improve the already bad reputation of the Maschine+ platform.

FYI: abelton link appearing to work for me in iOS app midiLink and wifi

• jolly Dodger
    jolly Dodger Member Posts: 55 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Holy frack. After a reboot I have a ‘sd card’ could not be read error. How do I roll back!

p.s. card is fine and opens up via OSX and a usb card reader.

edit: ran first aid in osx on the card. Still not working

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,182 Guru
    Options

No SD card problems here. Also not seeing any issue with expansions showing under "Available" or appearing/disappearing.

• Tscheggo
    Tscheggo Member Posts: 33 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Does this mean my librarys like drumlab, analog dreams or west africa for example are available on Maschine Plus?

they didn‘t show up at the Instrument page .

would be nice To have on Maschine Plus…

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,182 Guru
    Options

The standalone synths and FX on M+ have been updated to latest VST3 versions.

That's it. Doesn't mean anything else.

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 394 Pro
    Options

Waiting to update to see how this plays out

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 356 Advisor
    Options

I hate the new "MA" logo I find it a bit "Meh" not U ?