Loading Kits made with earlier versions of Battery

Options
Jonno
Jonno Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi. I'm new to this community and hope someone out there can help.

I am trying to load older battery kits into battery 4 but I keep getting met with a message saying 'internal error kit can't load'

I have tried all the methods people have posted - copying to user kits / batch resave / scanning / importing etc but nothing seems to work.

All of the older samples are being seen by Battery AND all of the older kit presets are seen in the files menu AND my users kits created with Battery 4 are visible too but the ICON to the left of the older kit names is an arrow and not the 9 dots square icon that all my other kits have.

As I said. I have tried copying, scanning, re-scanning, batch resaving and importing but nothing seems to work.

I can create new kits from the samples and then save those kits but that means I lose all the settings, mappings etc of the original kits. Can anyone help please.

Many thanks in advance. Jon

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

What is the extension of the kits? if it is ".kit" then it is a Battery 1 kit and is no longer supported... You would have to open the kit in Battery 3 and then "Save As" (there does not appear to be a batch save in Battery 3), then it should open in Battery 4.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

What is the extension of the kits? if it is ".kit" then it is a Battery 1 kit and is no longer supported... You would have to open the kit in Battery 3 and then "Save As" (there does not appear to be a batch save in Battery 3), then it should open in Battery 4.

• Jonno
    Jonno Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Hi Blindeddie. Thanks for the quick reply. Yes they are .kit extensions. Damn - I don't have a copy of Battery 3. Never mind. Thanks for helping. Cheers Jon