Instruments/settings missing after Kontakt, Analog Dreams and Massive

AEW
AEW Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello - just updated Kontakt, analog dreams and massive last night. Opened my most recent project file today in Ableton and several instruments are just showing default instruments for Massive; not the instruments that were loaded in the file. So the whole production is screwed up. Have opened several other projects and the same thing; during the upgrade all my project files, or the NI VST"s have defaulted to something else. Wouldn't be a problem if I had listed somewhere what each instrument was on each track, however I didn't. So just asking if anyone knows of this issue and whether there is a fix? Or how I can access the data in my project files to find out which instruments were used (before I trawl through Massive and Kontakt to try and find the right instrument and settings.... Any help would be hugely appreciated - kinda of freaking out right now...

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert
    Answer ✓

May be an idea to (somehow, I can't find the info anymore on this forum and too lazy to click back to the old one) contact support direct with a copy of your project. I heard of another user with the same issue who contacted me and had Session Strings do the same thing, after an update it caused every instance to load the same default patch.

I suspect it is (probably a mac issue) related to possibly updated compatibility for newer macOS systems possibly. Are you using VST2/3 or AU plugins?

Can you try open an empty project and then use your Live browser to find your problem project, expand it so you can see the tracks within then drag one of the tracks into Live and see if it loads correctly that way. If not then I suspect the issue is how the latest version of the plugin is reading the preset data and probably needs NI to look into it directly.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert
    Answer ✓

May be an idea to (somehow, I can't find the info anymore on this forum and too lazy to click back to the old one) contact support direct with a copy of your project. I heard of another user with the same issue who contacted me and had Session Strings do the same thing, after an update it caused every instance to load the same default patch.

I suspect it is (probably a mac issue) related to possibly updated compatibility for newer macOS systems possibly. Are you using VST2/3 or AU plugins?

Can you try open an empty project and then use your Live browser to find your problem project, expand it so you can see the tracks within then drag one of the tracks into Live and see if it loads correctly that way. If not then I suspect the issue is how the latest version of the plugin is reading the preset data and probably needs NI to look into it directly.

• AEW
    AEW Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thank you @JesterMgee !