Traktor kontrol S4 Mk3

Options
Flashrider92
Flashrider92 Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited December 2023 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hi; currently I've been trying to use my new Traktor Kontrol S4 MK3 is there any way to remap the remix decks pads so they can behave different for example press pad one time (loop mode ) = plays sample

press pad again (loop mode) = stops playing sample is there any way to remap the pads?

Tagged:

Answers

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 587 Pro
    Options

The S4mk3 is very limited for adjusting or editing remix sets. There are mods people have done and also mapping that can be done. But for the best experience with remix sets (sampling in general), the Traktor F1 is so much easier to deal with.

I think the only adjustment that can be done on the S4mk3 is the Quantize amount.

Someone else might have a better solution, but I only use the pads for hotcues. And my F1 if I add remix sets.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,686 mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

You need to get creative with modifiers.

1. Create a modifier grid (trackers) so your S4 can know remix mode or other mode is selected.
    2. Use specific commands "Cell Trigger" and "Stop/Delete".
    3. Use Slot State modifier to configure when the above command should be triggered.
  • Flashrider92
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thanks I will try to do that also do you know if traktor has an option to cue+play on the hot cues pads? for example instead of presing hot cue pad 1 and then presing play is there any option to just press the hot cue that you want for instant play?? When I was using virtual DJ it had that option but I can not find it on traktor pro 3.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,686 mod
    Options

Deck Common --> Play (Type=Button, Interaction=Direct, Value=1)

Track Deck --> Cue --> Select/Set+Store Hotcue

Map both to the same pad^

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 587 Pro
    edited December 2023
    Options

If you disable "stop playing at end of track" (I believe that it what it is called.)

You can then select the end of a track after pushing play. Of course volume fader down.

Then when you push a hotcue it will jump and still be playing. No mapping needed.

So the downside is remembering to adjust the fader before playing again. You can practice and try this out. If it is annoying then definitely just remap.

Keep in mind I haven't done this little trick for a while so maybe an update has changed this. But I used to set up a cue for end of track and then trigger other cues for a more seamless and different Hotcue use while having the deck in flux mode. If that makes sense.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,767 mod
    Options

Makes sense.

• Flashrider92
    Options

Thanks you and sorry for my bad english, I will give this a try is being so long since I used traktor I was using virtual DJ with my numark NS7III but I sold my unit and bought the kontrol s4 mk3 I don't know if this was a good idea but I'm having a hard time getting used to traktor pro 3 again some functions are not as easy as with virtual DJ. I hope virtual DJ comes up with a mapping for the s4 mk3 just in case that I don't get used to traktor.

• viper9711
    viper9711 Member Posts: 105 Advisor
    Options

There is a mapping for VDJ and S4 MK3. It works fine except TT-Modus for the Jog's and the displays.

You can find this in the extension menu-Other-Mappers and then enter S4MK3 with the search

• Flashrider92
    Options

oh wow! I didn't know that virtual DJ had a midi mapping for the S4 mk3 I will take a look at that thanks!!

• viper9711
    viper9711 Member Posts: 105 Advisor
    Options

It's not an official mapping from VDJ- a user has ridden it- but that doesen't matter- works fine