Upgrade from GR5 to GR7

Options
Bronco
Bronco Member Posts: 10 Member

Two questions:

1) If I want to upgrade my GR5 to GR7 can I use the update price or do I have to buy GR7 for $199 like a new user?

2) Can I demo GR7 first?

Best Answer

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,942 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you have gr5 pro, you can buy the update version of gr7 for 80$!

But yes, you can try the demo first.

Answers

• Milos
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you have gr5 pro, you can buy the update version of gr7 for 80$!

But yes, you can try the demo first.

• Bronco
    Options

Oh good! ..... Then I'll demo GR7 right now to see if I can make a workaround so Rig Kontrol will operate with the GR7 looper. (I didn't get GR6 because it had no looper) I may as well give it a go before the sale runs out.

• Milos
    Options

Enjoy your product!

• Bronco
    Options

I can't find the Looper in the Demo version in order to test it with my Rig Kontrol 3 pedal. The Rig Kontrol 3 works as an audio interface but I need to test out the looper functions to see if I can assign the pedal buttons to Start and Stop. Is the GR7 demo version lacking the looper function?

• Milos
    Options

Probably.

But you can just copy paste the midi melody as a loop and that is problem solved.

I don't even use looper.

But i started making high quality sound effects with GR7.

• Bronco
    Options

Since I'm using GR7 as a Stand Alone that option won't work for me. I just found a youtube of someone using a Rig Kontrol 3 with GR7 and it was working just as mine does in GR5 Pro.....so I should be OK to just go ahead and take the gamble and just buy the GR7 Pro version. Even the demo version does have some great sounding guitar presets. I will say though, I found GR5 a lot easier to navigate.

• Milos
    Options

Oh.

Well, I tried my best.

Have a nice day, sir!

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    Options

The Looper is in the Guitar Rig 7 demo version. Look in the Tools category, it's called Loop Machine Pro.

• Bronco
    Options

Thanks...found it. It doesn't matter anyway......this GR7 sounds GREAT...... This IS the sound I've been looking for, Obiwan. I feel good. I'm buying it right now.