Kontakt 7 VST3 Error (FL Studio)

Options
DanielG
DanielG Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

The VST3 version of Kontakt 7 will not work in FL Studio. The AU version works fine. The issue is that I am using the Drummer series and need to route each drum individually out of Kontakt to my DAW mixer. Unfortunately, the AU version on Kontakt does not support this feature so I need the VST3 version to work.

I have already tried re-installing Kontakt 7 - same issue. Does anyone know what is happening or how to fix this?

Best Answer

• haysm
    haysm Member Posts: 3 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Adding my solution to this thread after hours of searching in case anyone else has this problem:

After double-clicking the row with the error for Kontakt 7 VST3 (to get the view in OP's second pic), I set the Type from (unknown) to Synth, and the error suddenly went away. The VST3 version now loads just fine for me

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,939 Guru
    Options

I had very similar issue like you.

Maybe you should try to do these:

1.Reinstall Kontakt 7.

2. If it does not work, simply make a custop desktop folder specificaly for NI plugins and then go to the File Management in NA and then change the VST3 location to that folder, and then reinstall Kontakt 7.

I hope any of these help.

• haysm
    haysm Member Posts: 3 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Adding my solution to this thread after hours of searching in case anyone else has this problem:

After double-clicking the row with the error for Kontakt 7 VST3 (to get the view in OP's second pic), I set the Type from (unknown) to Synth, and the error suddenly went away. The VST3 version now loads just fine for me