Kontrol S4 MK3 - EXT Button

J. Spencer
J. Spencer Member Posts: 16 Member

Is there an easy way to require the SHIFT button or a long press or something for the EXT buttons next to the channel gain? As much as I love the controller, my fat fingers will often press it and stop whatever is playing - so I'd effectively like to lock the buttons (at least for Deck A and B).

Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

the mapping for the S4 is integrated into traktor. But some people say you can add it anyway as midi controller device, as you can with other controllers, and this way override some stuff with this user preset. Unfortunately I don't own a S4 so can't test it myself.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/de/articles/210311645-So-f%C3%BCgst-du-TRAKTOR-Funktionen-zu-einem-Native-Instruments-Controller-hinzu-Override-Factory-Map-

Here is a knowledge base article, hope it helps.

Uwe

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

The override functionality won't help with the EXT button, since the button is not available to map this way. The only way to do it is by adjusting the qml files that define all of the S4Mk3 controls and LED feedback when not in standalone mixer mode. I would have taken a look at it for you already, but my new computer hasn't arrived yet and my old machine has followed the dodo two weeks ago.