Missing the looper in Guitar Rig Pro 6

Options

Comments

• Wouter De Muynck
    Wouter De Muynck Member Posts: 217 Pro
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hello @PaulCan, a lot of users share your thoughts. GR6 was both an upgrade and a downgrade, most certainly in regards to the live mode and the looper. As you mentioned the looper was pretty damn decent in GR5, I assume NI (hopefully) still has the code, it shouldn't be that hard to implement.... but it has been silent for months now when you ask for a single reaction (highy unprofessional behaviour/mentality btw from NI, but unfortunately this had been going on for months now). I created the following article a few months ago: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/4484/guitar-rig-looper-feature-request#latest adding some suggestions to the looper.

I invested in all GR hardware controllers which became useless over the years (although they did a great job and provided bidirectional MIDI communication, which is not supported for now), I don't expect any hardware to be released, and I'm not even sure we can expect anything on GR in the future to be honest as it's all unclear where NI is going as a company. From my point-of-view GR will a. become the NI effect unit with no focus on guitar/bass, b. go end-of-life or c. become a stunningly innovative tool for guitar/bass players as NI was doing in the good ol' German days... 😌 Time will hopefully tell, but I'm sure the audience is declining because of the lack of communication, interaction, transparency...

Today I was looking at Bias FX2 from Positive Grid, and the standard version (currently on sale for 79$) even includes a looper...

I will decide by the end of the year if I stick with GR or not, it is my main tool combined with Maschine, .... (I always liked/believed in the Ni eco-system), but I'm fed up with using both versions and lack of user envolvement.

• basstoelpel
    basstoelpel Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

WHERE IS THE LOOPER?!? 🙉💩🤯

again, alternatives for GR5-looper - suggestions are highly appreciated!

...like, working in the wonderful Gig Performer, to insert as a VST3 to at least replace that feature...

just browsing, it seems not so easy to find a looper that is similar, especially when it comes to the simplicity. a lot of what goes as loopers is also geared towards grid-based sequencing.

• Wouter De Muynck
    Options

@basstoelpel , that’s the million dollar question indeed 😌 The only sane option is to bring back the looper as it was… but it’s been almost 3 years now we ask for a simple explanation/update… sound of silence it is unfortunately.

• Gandi
    Gandi Member Posts: 56 Helper
    Options

Can you remember how the internet posted about using the looper from NI? It went almost viral on the net.

• basstoelpel
    basstoelpel Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

it's all kind of mysterious, considering the effort and care that goes into the admittedly excellent quality of physical amp modelling etc. PLUS making all of this compatible with GR5, to then leave away the looper. and then ignore the users. but nuff said around here...

in terms of vst applications, i think MSuperLooper would do the trick (14d testing now). however, it's really awkward to pay hundred bucks for something of which you need about 4% of the features...

• Wouter De Muynck
    Options

@basstoelpel , It’s indeed waisted energy to explain over and over again why it’s a very bizarre decision. We all did our best to get a simple explanation, but our questions/remarks all ended up in the abyss.

I’m going to check MSuperLooper, but indeed… why pay additional money if “the code” is laying on the NI shelf.

• Wouter De Muynck
    Options

@Kaiwan_NI , I keep asking.... we 're 18 months after the intial post of this article. Any update/explenation? If it will never return, please enlighten us... at least that's some kind of communication. And please don't tell product management was informed, that excuse doesn't count since a long time now.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,747 mod
    edited September 2023
    Options
  • Wouter De Muynck
    Options

Wait, wait, wait, are you kidding me? Time for some investigation! 😊

It looks/sounds promising, but the video-links aren't working. Hope this is fixed soon, so I can have a look at what's coming. Fingers crossed!! @Kaiwan_NI , is this all true? ☺️

• TVbene
    TVbene Member Posts: 20 Member
    Options

This is just bizarre.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,747 mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

I have to say the sidebar is actually really useful for complex routing, much easier to visualise and edit the signal flow than using the rack view

Not saying it isn't a pity that all of this wasn't in GR6.5 - tbh I think aside from maybe the sidebar and Cab IR loader I do agree that new ICM modules and particularly the looper really should have been a non paid for update or at least a more reasonably priced one