Komplete Kontrol 3.0.2 can not drag loops and one-shots into a DAW anymore

Options

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,856 mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

Ironically, the page for KK downloads that has just been setup shows someone having dragged a sample into the sampler module in KK2 and states

NKS now also extends to loops and samples. You can play everything with a built-in sampler, drag loops and one-shots into your DAW timeline, or drop them into sample-using instruments like BATTERY, TRK-01, and FLESH.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-kontrol/

But no, this is not something used by a lot of people, I suggest the data is at fault here, and over reliance on it, not the reality

• Kymeia
    Options

And now Vocal Colors has sample loading by drag and drop - just not in KK3 of course - it’s as if different teams within NI are not communicating with each other

• dhruvnb
    dhruvnb Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

It's ridiculous that NI would think it is smart business practice to remove this quite obviously seamless feature. I literally made an account to express my angst about this. I wonder if the latest update has fixed this, or will I have to find some way to downgrade to the last version that allowed drag and drop...

Really disappointing...

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,639 Expert
    Options

Personally, I cannot find anything positive to say on V3 at the current moment. Almost ALL the basic function I like in KK V2 is removed or crippled in V3, even the "resizable GUI" is completely useless when the preset browser is so badly designed and preset names end up truncated.

• Terrible preset browser
    • Less overall info on the single display
    • Cannot browse presets AND see the plugin at the same time
    • Most BASIC operations and options now need many more clicks!!!
    • Tag filtering is now very clunky and STILL adds no suggestions from users on improvements
    • Cannot edit preset data
    • Library BANKS now miss sub bank selection in the browser
    • Memory footprint is approx 30% larger now which impacts on larger sets. I have not compared CPU usage lately but that was also decreased in performance in my initial tests making this now more bloated for less benefit.

I mean, if I still had V3 thing installed I could easily sit here and rattle off a dozen more things to dislike, and literally I have not a single thing I look at and think "cool, that is a nice improvement. I do not see ANYTHING personally that has been improved in any way, only things that have been crippled.

On all the music forums in years I have NEVER seen an update to any version of anything attract so many negative discussions and in my 25+ years I have also never felt more let down and disappointed in a company. Harsh to say, but alas that is just how some of us feel and that is a shame because personally, many of the official NI people here on the forums are great people and nothing bad to say personally at all, just the actual vision for KK seems far removed at the moment from what many users were hoping for years ago...

• stevexxl
    stevexxl Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Downgrading really helps. Before I buy Komplete, I want to see it fixed. Please

• Oscki
    Oscki Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Just adding another voice to this thread.

I upgraded today to KK 3 to find I can’t drag loops or one-shots into Logic.

This was a large part of my workflow, dragging one shots into Logic’s drum machine or loops into sampler.

Also I’ve noticed my Spitfire libraries can no longer be expanded to see articulations and quite a few libraries aren’t tagged correctly by vendor.

I’ve immediately downgraded to 2.9 and everything’s working much better.

Big fan of Komplete and was planning to upgrade this year so I hope this all gets resolved.

• Retired
    Retired Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Does this mean if I want to load a kick, clap and 2 hats from an expansion pack. I have to open 4 instances of Komplete Kontrol?

• Rob Gee
    Rob Gee Member Posts: 18 Member
    Options

It seems that the people designing the software never use it!

• Kymeia
    Options

I think it’s more a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Obviously someone at NI was using these features when they wrote

‘NKS now also extends to loops and samples. You can play everything with a built-in sampler, drag loops and one-shots into your DAW timeline, or drop them into sample-using instruments like BATTERY, TRK-01, and FLESH’

From here:

Irony would be an understatement :)

• MorrisEd
    MorrisEd Member Posts: 84 Helper
    edited January 15
    Options

First and most importantly, you can drag and drop out of “Content” location of your file explorer. It’s organized with the same tags as the KK browser, so not impossible to line up previews with grabbing the file from file explorer. Second, usage data is not reliable, and NI’s dependence on it is frustrating to say the least. This is imo a boiler plate, “tech bro” approach that is governed by their product lead, who I believe was poached from Meta (a DJ, no less, so probably not very plugged into the Komplete universe). Example - I had to buy a second midi controller to support my KK MK2 board because it had no faders and held less parameters due to the 8 knob limitation. My usage of my KK MK2 board, then, would show way lower use of midi mode. Does this mean I don’t want a more robust midi mode on my MK2? No, it just means NI has fallen so far behind I had to buy a second device to fill the gap. But regardless, NI removed MIDI templates from the MK3 board making it even less useful than it already was. Imo, NI has fallen so far behind companies like Akai and Roland, it will be nearly impossible for them to catch up. Buyer beware of further investments in the platform.

• audioedge
    audioedge Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Is there a way to downgrade Komplete Kontrol? I absolutely hate having features I previously used (dragging and dropping samples to my DAW) removed from my workflow.

I foolishly upgraded after watching various videos, state this was still possible, even ones on NIs Youtube channel.

In the previous version of Komplete Kontrol they even recommended adding my own user samples, and by tagging them I could find samples very easily. I had begun the process of tagging and sorting my thousands of samples, then when I upgraded it basically meant all that time I had spent was wasted.

This was months ago when the new KK was released, so I ditched it, and went back to using hardware. But I would like to start using the software side of my setup and yet this problem persists.

Is there a solution because waiting for NI to fix this, I dont think its going to happen anytime soon

• JesterMgee
    Options

You can download the V2.9 for your system from this page, just ignore the whole "how to keep V2 and V3 especially if you are on mac as not many are able to even get that to work.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/14394517675677-How-to-Keep-Komplete-Kontrol-2-9-and-Komplete-Kontrol-3-on-Your-System

There is somewhere an unofficial link on the forums somewhere but no idea where they keep it hidden, should just be an option still in Native Access or somewhere easy to find. Could be a while before we see improvements, especially since there are many compatibility issues to sort out and that seems to be the focus for the moment.

• Quadbox
    Quadbox Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

OMG... take a break, comeback to find the new update, and the WORST thing ever... no dragging samples into logic from KK.... why are you doing this? I hate it.. wish I had read this thread first... just a nightmare

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 167 Advisor
    Options
  • JesterMgee
    Options

Yep, and that was asked for to help with the limited browser size. NOw the browser is kind of screwed up, it doesn't really add much value