S88 MK3 Windows Users - Read this before you try the initial FW Update [SOLVED]

Options
Chris_NI
Chris_NI Product Team Posts: 51 mod
edited February 1 in Komplete Kontrol

To all new S88 MK3 customers on PC / Windows,

January 16th, 2024 Update [SOLVED]

We had identified an issue with the Windows driver for the Kontrol S88 MK3 that caused problems when updating the firmware with the Device Updater.

This issue has now been resolved with the latest Windows updates.

Please open your Windows Settings > Update & Security and make sure you install all available Windows updates. After these updates, the Device Updater works as expected and you can install the latest firmware. This article from Microsoft explains how to do this.

Please refer to our Knowledge base article for more help:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/14229160390045

If you still run into issues, please get in touch with our customer support team, who will help you find a solution.

Your NI Team

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Chris_NI
    edited January 30 Answer ✓
    Options

We are happy to announce the Microsoft has fully certified the driver and its rolled out via the Windows update.

Please check for the latest Windows update for your system before doing the initial FW update. This article from Microsoft explains how to do this.

If anyone runs into any issues (this or anything else regarding the FW update), even after installing all the latest available Windows update, please send a request to customer support here: https://bit.ly/NI_support_Kontrol

We thank everyone for their patience while we resolved this issue.

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,288 mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

Thank you for the information Chris.

Since the above reveals that there are even model specific issues then it is no wonder that I lately have been feeling that it's an up-hill battle to try to get a good grip on all the S Series MK3 problems..

Also , having read more posts and 'slept on it' then it appears to me as maybe what users generally ought to do is to try an USB-C to A adapter combined with an USB-C power supply on the power inlet on the keyboard ! (that might trigger the 'hub' effect , especially if attaching to an USB 2 A port on computer rather than an USB 3) ?

• Chris_NI
    Options

Hi @PoorFellow

Thanks for your input! ... i've shared with our QA and Customer support teams

• sa64
    sa64 Member Posts: 9 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi

Can someone help, S88Mk3 asks for serial number registration after reset.

the latest firmware is installed, the factory number is already registered. I cannot install the hardware connection service in Access because it does not appear in the browser. The screen of the S88Mk3 is frozen.

Thanks in advance!

• noumansaeed
    noumansaeed Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Till when it'll be resolved fully for windows?

• Chris_NI
    Options

Hi, all,

We are happy to announce that we are in the stage of rolling out the fix / driver with Microsoft directly. 🙂

If you are running into issues please still continue to reach out to customer support via the link above, and in a matter of weeks time, there will be no need to contact customer support as it will be 100% managed on Microsoft / Windows side via the windows update.

Thanks again for your patience, and we will update this thread accordingly once this happens.

• joden
    joden Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    Options

Any reason you cannot simply post the work around here? I mean I've sent the request but I am in Australia so that could take days to get to!

• BobBusters
    BobBusters Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Iv just tried firmware 1.5.5 and its not worked, is there another firmware coming?

• sa64
    sa64 Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I did the same, unfortunately I stayed with 1.5.3

• Tiscot
    Tiscot Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Is this a resolved issue? I've no luck with my 1 day old s88 and I'm just getting the low power/looks like there's something wrong message after installing as per instructions. Nothing coming up for firmware or serial on updater (it did show initially before I did the update)

• Chris_NI
    edited January 30 Answer ✓
    Options

We are happy to announce the Microsoft has fully certified the driver and its rolled out via the Windows update.

Please check for the latest Windows update for your system before doing the initial FW update. This article from Microsoft explains how to do this.

If anyone runs into any issues (this or anything else regarding the FW update), even after installing all the latest available Windows update, please send a request to customer support here: https://bit.ly/NI_support_Kontrol

We thank everyone for their patience while we resolved this issue.

• MSB
    MSB Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

absolute rubbish I have been working on this for a whole day and this brick of a keyboard does not work I have attempted everything possible and the same message come up every time that the unit failed to boot into firmware mode. people do not spend over a Thousand pounds £ on something to deal with the poor service and product, as per usual another company that is about the money and not the customer.

no one can tell me that this was not a known issue before it was released,

So now the only power I can exercise to show my dissatisfaction is to return the keyboard and write a review showing the poor level of this product which I am sure will do nothing to address the issue but as a customer that's all I can do.

and to say I will never buy a native instrument product again and definitely would not be recommending them to my clients.

• Chris_NI
    Options

Hi @MSB

Really sorry you are experiencing issues, did you reach out to customer support? via the following link below?

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/sections/360000091538

• JABBA
    JABBA Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Ach ja:

Jetzt finde ich das Teil richtig, richtig gut! Die beste Tastatur die ich jemals hatte...

• DJ Nappa
    DJ Nappa Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Native should give all customers with problems updating firmware a E-Voucher for all the headache - Stress - Time wasted. That this has caused people. Considering it Christmas too. Time off work and people wanna spend it the studio. Spend over £1000 for something that dont work. What a joke that is….

8th day now and still can’t update it. Tried on 3 Computers.