Batch Resave Error: "Patch is corrupted! Loading will not proceed."

Options
rententen
rententen Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello all,

I'm getting an error message when batch-resaving my Kontakt 7 instruments (Komplete 14 Ultimate).

Full error message (without the --- start and end ---):

--- error start ---

Kontakt batch resave "Error: parsing input file at line 1: <syntax error>. The patch is corrupted! Loading will not proceed."

--- error end ---

What I've tried, but didn't help:

• running Reaper (DAW) in admin mode
  • checking everything is okay and activated in Native Access
  • right-click Windows folder of Komplete and deactivate "read only" and after that
  • start Kontakt 7 in standalone mode and run a batch-resave again
  • reinstalling Kontakt 7 via Native Access
  • complete uninstalling Kontakt 7 via Windows, then a fresh install via Native Access, followed by another batch-resave (running as administrator)

Note:

• The error doesn't pop right away, but a few seconds into "Checking for Missing samples..." (bar roughly 1/4 through).
  • I wasn't able to find this exact error message online, even with multiple searches across several search engines.
  • If I click "OK" on the error message (only option), it will check the next sample and pop the exact same error again. Over 100 clicks later I killed Reaper via Task Manager.
  • I also tried clicking everything through the next time (leave a heavy weight object on the 'enter' key, so it automatically clicks OK for every popup.
  • I've checked two projects so far and Kontakt instruments there work fine. My fear is though that I will run into problems later on, since this error message is an indicator that something is not right. So I'd like to fix it sooner rather than later.

Not sure what to try anymore, suggestions are very welcome.

My system is Windows 11 64 bit.

Thanks,

Philipp

Best Answer

• rententen
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Jeremy,

thanks for your reply.

A screenshot of the error message is attatched to this post.

Yes, I've tried the resave also in Kontakt 7 standalone, which results in the same error message.

Otherwise I've tried it in Reaper as well as in FL Studio, again the same error message in both.

Furthermore I've tried the same in Kontakt 5 standalone, same result.

All my Komplete libraries are located on an internal Samsung M.2 SSD drive, which is also the C: drive with Windows 11 on it.

-----------------------

SOLUTION (for anyone with the same error message):

Alright, as I am typing I have been trying the above things. I have also been trying to - within the Kontakt Batch Resave menu - choose the Komplete 13 folder directly, instead of choosing the parent drive C.

And now the batch resave is working without errors.

------------------------

Simple but still confusing solution. I guess it makes sense to choose the direct folder instead of the parent folder. My assumption was that it would detect the child folder containing the Komplete 13 instruments automatically, as they might not all be within the same folder necessarily. Otherwise why would it let me choose that parent folder in the first place?

Hence, I strongly suggest that the error message should reflect it clearly, that the parent folder or drive letter can NOT be used for the resave. Rather it HAS TO BE the exact and direct containing folder of your instruments. Might save others a lot of time in the future. Please add that, because the current "Patch is corrupted" error message is very misleading.

Cheers,

Philipp

---------

P.S.: Formatting this text was confusing as well:

Sometimes there's lots of space between the lines, like in the first few lines of this post (which I don't want), other times I was able to type lines without unwanted space in between and I couldn't figure out how. A formatting description or legend would help. Or simply being able to use CTRL+Enter or SHIFT+Enter for no-space line breaks, which you know from other sites or programs - but didn't work here.

P.S. 2: My post disappeared after editing. Luckily I was able to recover it via the browser's "back" function and could post it as a new comment.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,753 mod
    Options

@rententen Have you tried to do the batch resave thing in Kontakt in standalone? Does it work then? Is it only happening when in Reaper? Where are your libraries installed? On an external hard drive? What is the format of that drive? Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

• rententen
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Jeremy,

thanks for your reply.

A screenshot of the error message is attatched to this post.

Yes, I've tried the resave also in Kontakt 7 standalone, which results in the same error message.

Otherwise I've tried it in Reaper as well as in FL Studio, again the same error message in both.

Furthermore I've tried the same in Kontakt 5 standalone, same result.

All my Komplete libraries are located on an internal Samsung M.2 SSD drive, which is also the C: drive with Windows 11 on it.

-----------------------

SOLUTION (for anyone with the same error message):

Alright, as I am typing I have been trying the above things. I have also been trying to - within the Kontakt Batch Resave menu - choose the Komplete 13 folder directly, instead of choosing the parent drive C.

And now the batch resave is working without errors.

------------------------

Simple but still confusing solution. I guess it makes sense to choose the direct folder instead of the parent folder. My assumption was that it would detect the child folder containing the Komplete 13 instruments automatically, as they might not all be within the same folder necessarily. Otherwise why would it let me choose that parent folder in the first place?

Hence, I strongly suggest that the error message should reflect it clearly, that the parent folder or drive letter can NOT be used for the resave. Rather it HAS TO BE the exact and direct containing folder of your instruments. Might save others a lot of time in the future. Please add that, because the current "Patch is corrupted" error message is very misleading.

Cheers,

Philipp

---------

P.S.: Formatting this text was confusing as well:

Sometimes there's lots of space between the lines, like in the first few lines of this post (which I don't want), other times I was able to type lines without unwanted space in between and I couldn't figure out how. A formatting description or legend would help. Or simply being able to use CTRL+Enter or SHIFT+Enter for no-space line breaks, which you know from other sites or programs - but didn't work here.

P.S. 2: My post disappeared after editing. Luckily I was able to recover it via the browser's "back" function and could post it as a new comment.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,753 mod
    Options

@rententen Thanks for the update! This makes sense, see point 3 of our article: How to Batch re-save a KONTAKT Library