Traktor S2 MK3 and Audio Output

Options
JohnnyJinx
JohnnyJinx Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited October 2023 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a Traktor S2 MK3. Having never used this system before (I did have an MK2, 5 years ago), it seems to only have RCA outputs, which seems a little weird to me since the MK2 had TRS outs, but that's not really my question.

I have speakers that connect to a powered amplifier. This amplifier does not have RCA inputs (which is why I am wondering why Traktor didn't include TRS outputs). The amp has TRS or XLR only.

My question is what you guys use when using this kind of connection? Would you use RCA to TRS or RCA to XLR and does it really even make a difference since it's technically RCA unbalanced going to a balanced connection.

I want to make sure it's going to work before I buy either adapter cable. Also, I am a little annoyed with NI for just having RCA Outputs, come on dudes, we aren't living in 1976. Did they do this purposely so you would have to buy the S4 or something?

As another gripe, the headphone connector uses a miniature plug and I have 4 sets of headphones that all use the larger plug. Why does it seem like this system is going backwards technologically? Now I also have to find a 1/4 to 1/8 adaptor. Just weird.

Tagged:

Comments