Problems with the GUI of Guitar Rig 6 in Ableton Live (Mac)

Options
2»

Answers

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Ghost Fox

I am terribly sorry that you had a very bad experience with our customer support. From what I understood the situation is as follows and please correct me if I got something wrong:

• You bought Guitar Rig 6 and used it on a system that matched the system requirements for Guitar Rig 6 (hardware and macOS version, which was NOT Sonoma, because it did not exist at the time when Guitar Rig 6 was created).
    • You then updated your computer to macOS Sonoma without first checking if all the 3rd-party software (like e.g. Guitar Rig), that you want to run on it, was compatible.
    • Guitar Rig 6 does not work properly on macOsS Sonoma.
    • You expect Native Instruments to provide a free of charge update for Guitar Rig 6 to make it compatible with macOS Sonoma.

Is this a correct summary of your situation?

• ivicam
    ivicam Member Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Just wow...

I've just bought Komplete Ultimate during Black Friday sale as my first NI product. And I love it as a music bundle. So many beautiful sounds and instruments. However, software quality issues and this attitude are absolutely the worst I've ever seen for any pro software at this price level.

I am a macOS developer myself and I absolutely cannot accept that Sonoma is not supported after all these months. If transition from Ventura to Sonoma could break almost everything NI makes, then there is something terribly wrong in the very foundation of the software. It probably wasn't even properly written for macOS, but rather hacked somehow.

As I said, I really want to like NI products as a musician and kudos to their artistic teams, but the software quality is completely unacceptable. I will keep using Kontakt until I find suitable replacement for everything. But I will never invest again into anything NI unless something drastically changes.

• Eddie_NI
    edited December 2023
    Options

We are actively working on macOS Sonoma compatibility for Guitar Rig 7 and the update release is currently scheduled for January 2024, as already stated on the other thread on the topic.

For compatibility of all NI software and hardware with macOS Sonoma please refer to this page.

• Eddie_NI
    Options

On a different note:

We totally understand your frustration that the software you paid for is not working flawlessly on your system. In the case of macOS Sonoma we have a big majority of users for whom Guitar Rig 6 as well as Guitar Rig 7 is already working fine. But unfortunately there are some combinations of hardware, macOS versions and DAW versions that exhibit the problems you users have reported here. Of course we have the goal to make our current software compatible with all of those combinations but it takes some time to develop and thoroughly test this.

• Ghost Fox
    Ghost Fox Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

@Eddie_NI yes. We expect you to support the latest macOS update with your software without charging us again. I spent $1600 on Komplete, updating my pc is a requirement. Only NI products have an issue. None of the other software I use has these constant problems with each update nor if they do, would they blame the paying customer. On contacting Apple, they informed that NI has the betas a year in advance before release. The interaction with Sebastian was unprofessional, inflammatory and disrespectful and there is zero excuse for it, but from our interactions we can tell that NIs culture is to blame the customer. Maybe it’s our fault maschine looks like pixilated garbage on any modern monitor because we bought a new laptop and its the customers fault we spent 1000 $ ok a DJ controller that still has bugs 3 years later.

Future customers read this and take notice. This is how your treated.

• Eddie_NI
    Options

@Ghost Fox

Understood, and this is exactly what we are doing at the moment for Guitar Rig 7. And again, I'm terribly sorry that our customer service has not been a good experience for you.

And just to clarify: The information that we have received a beta of macOS Sonoma a year before its release is factually incorrect. The earliest beta was released by Apple in June with multiple subsequent beta versions before the public release in September.

• Ghost Fox
    Ghost Fox Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I felt the same way, some of the instruments are great but the constant bugs that go unsolved for years and the insane attitude from NI broke the last straw for me. Recently when choosing to get a Maschine + I passed, despite having invested so much in NI software already and bought a push 3 with Ableton live. Because they treat their customers like this and refuse to update their software on time, they lost a sale, a 10 year customer and the last huge investment I made in software and hardware went to Ableton who had LIVE day one ready. and who at least had some professionalism when emailing them about their updating timeline before buying their push 3

• Harjus
    Harjus Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
    Options

Currently testing the beta version of Guitar Rig 7 (Vers. 7.0.1). The same graphical errors appear as in Guitar Rig 6. No improvement.

Ableton Live 11.3.13, macOS Sonoma 14.1.2, Mac mini 3,2 GHz i7, Intel UHD Graphics 630, 16 GB

• Harjus
    Options

In standalone mode, Guitar Rig 7 also shows some irregularities.

• Eddie_NI
    Options

The screenshots you posted are not from beta version 7.0.2 of Guitar Rig, it would say so in the header. Are you sure you are not running the released 7.0.1?

• Harjus
    Options

Guitar Rig 7.0.2 Beta 3 works fine as VST3 and AU. No errors noticed.

Ableton Live 11.3.13, macOS Sonoma 14.1.2, Mac mini 3,2 GHz i7, Intel UHD Graphics 630, 16 GB

• Eddie_NI
    Options

The Guitar Rig 7.0.2 update has been released yesterday and brings macOS Sonoma compatibility. You can install it via Native Access.

• Harjus
    Options

already happened. Works flawlessly. Thanks

• Elvislives77
    Elvislives77 Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
    Options
    My Guitar Rig 6 is still not working as VST in Ableton Live on Mac. See my earlier comment. I bought it as stand alone product last year. I am reluctant to upgrade to 7. There is no guarantee that, that will work.

Am I wasting my time still pursuing this? I own lots of NI hardware and software. S61 mk2, m32 mk3, Komplete 14 standard. NI has really let me down.
  • Eddie_NI
    Options

@Elvislives77

What exactly is the problem that you are seeing? Does the Guitar Rig 6 AU work for you?

You can download the Guitar Rig 7 demo from our website to test if it works for you, in case you are not sure.