Problems with the GUI of Guitar Rig 6 in Ableton Live (Mac)

Options
Harjus
Harjus Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

Graphics and fonts are missing. As a standalone everything works. Reinstalled, then deleted the Guitar Rig 6 database. The effect remains under Ableton Live 11 with VST3 (Pict.1) and VST2 (Pict.2)

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? 

Ableton Live 11.3.12, macOS Sonoma 14.0, Mac min 3,2 GHz i7, Intel UHD Graphics 630, 16 GB

Best Answer

Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,602 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Harjus I suspect this might be compatibility issues since none of our SW is compatible with macOS Sonoma at the moment: Sonoma Compatibility Statement

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,602 admin
    Options

Maybe @Eddie_NI can help verify 🤔

• Harjus
    Options

Thanks Kaiwan_NI, that will be it. I was probably too quick with the update. So far it's the only dropout with the plugins. Kontakt & Maschine running. Other VSTs (U-He, Arturia, Fabfilter, Spitfire etc.) work perfectly in Ableton. What's interesting is that Guitar Rig works correctly in standalone. Seems more to do with Ableton Live.

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hi @Harjus,

thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are currently testing macOS 14 compatibility for Guitar Rig. We have seen some graphical issues which can be worked around by closing/opening the Guitar Rig user interface, it seems to be broken only every second time.

Which version of Guitar Rig are you using? Does it also happen with the AU plugin?

Cheers,

Eddie

• Harjus
    Options

Hi @Eddie_NI

I am using Guitar Rig 6.4.0. 

The GUI of the AU shows exactly the same error as VST2 & VST3.

Cheers,

Harjus

• Eddie_NI
    Options

Thanks for the info. Does closing and the reopening the GUI help?

• Harjus
    Options

Crazy! It works now. GUI appears complete. It was not me.

Thanks for the support.

• Eddie_NI
    Options

Glad to hear. But don't get too happy too soon, this might happen again. We are still testing and investigating this issue here. I'll keep you posted.

• Ghost Fox
    Ghost Fox Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I am having this exact same issue... when can we expect this to be fixed ? frankly everyone is so tired of this. Users should not have to worry about updating their computers, sorry but that's the fact. We spend so much money for Komplete and you guys have the betas from Apple to test for over a year, at least.

• Ghost Fox
    Options

Same junk glitch in Logic Pro.

• GpD
    GpD Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Same thing happened to me with Cubase12. I have had guitar rig 6 and cubase running on mac os sonoma for months without issue. The issue has only occurred when I updated guitar rig 6 from the native access update button. Is it the bug fixes for graphics on other systems that has caused this. There was no incompatibility alert.

• GpD
    GpD Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Opening and closing it does NOT fix the display for me in Cubase12

• Elvislives77
    Elvislives77 Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
    Options

Problem for me in Ableton Live. Although ok stand alone. Have tried all suggestions above. Strangely the free 7 GR Rig lite version appears ok in DAW. Want to upgrade to the full version of 7 but reluctant to do so until this is fixed. Cheers

• Ghost Fox
    Options

Update to anyone who is having this issue.

I spent weeks in hell of sending NI customer support data who would then email me a day or two later asking the same questions or asking me questions I had already stated in previous emails. frankly they didn't even bother to read what I had written. They had OFFERED me a free serial, that I didn't ask for, I had even stated that I would rather have my GR 6 working, then in retaliation for asking then when I can expect GR to be updated. they threatened to block my serial. I later received a message from this Tom who left me an extremely rude and insane reply.

1. Thank you for contacting Native Instruments!

2. As announced on our website, please note that only some of our products are supported on Sonoma OSX 14.
    3. We are conducting systematic tests with macOS 14 in order to offer full compatibility with our software and hardware products as soon as possible.
    4. It is usually best practice to not jump on new operating systems from the start as there is essentially no time for the developers to adjust and for the most part, most third-party products will be incompatible.

5. You will find more information on compatibility in this article:

6. You run a system that is not supported.
    7. Our Devs looked into it but APPLE changed the OSX, not NI.
    8. We offered you a free product.

9. From here we will stop the conversation.

10. Apologies if Sebastian made the impression that it might be fixed shortly. This will definitely not be the case.

11. Please check our official Statement.

12. Have a great evening.

Best regards,

Tom Native Instruments

its our fault as the customer for updating our computer. its apples fault for changing OSX and we, the paying customer should not expect a fix anytime soon. This is why I bought a push 3 and will not even consider Maschine, Traktor or any other NI product in the future. I am so sick and tired of this disgusting "its the customers fault" attitude.

someone named eddy sent me a message saying a QA engineer would be in touch but haven't heard anything yet.

out of all the plug ins and hardware that I own, Native instruments is the only one I experience app breaking bugs with every time. went through the same hell in 2020 while they tried to figure out Big Sur but that's what my computer came with and had no other option. how long did that take them ? a year?

good luck fellow customer