Maschine Mk1 Serial Number?

Options
Ollie
Ollie Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Heeeelp... Just venturing into making music for the first time and purchased a second hand Maschine Mk1 Groovebox.

All the software appears to have been transferred but I don't seem to have the serial number for the Massine to add it into my NI account. Ive read on NI website that you can reference the serial number from the number on the box luckily that number is there. How and where do I reference it ?

Or have I got it wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Tagged:

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Options

If you say that all the softwares have been transferred (do you mean Maschine software included?) it should mean Maschine is already registered (even if you don’t see it in Native Access, which is normal. Check logging in with your account in NI website. Under “My products and serials” it should appear).

How did the transaction happen? Did the previous owner forward you a serial to register? (He should have done this)

Even having the original serial won’t be useful: it would already have been used by previous owner. That’s why he should have asked a License transfer: to have a new serial to forward you

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,357 Expert
    Options

@Ollie what computer operating system and version are you using and what version of Maschine software is included with your Maschine Mk1 purchse?

• Ollie
    Options

Hi and thanks for getting back to me its Mac OS Monterey v12.4

I brought a second hand Maschine Mk1 the seller requested a license transfer but ni replied "Due to technical reasons the following was removed from his account and he was to send the software serials to me to download via native access.

Maschine 2 update

Komplete Elements

Komplete Selection for Maschine 2

• Ollie
    Options

The Maschine Mk1 Flashes when I plug it in but will not come on.

When I click on Maschine 2 Preferences and hardware, nothing is there.

• ozon
    Options

AFAIK, Maschine Mk1 is not compatible with macOS 12 Monterey. NI didn’t port the driver fir the Mk1 to newer macOS.

Version 2.8 from 2015 for macIS 10.11 is the last release of the Maschine driver. no It probably works up to macOS 10.14 or 10.15.

😕

• 2A2E
    2A2E Member Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Not sure if that helps but I was able to use a Maschine Mikro MK1 on MacOS Ventura and on a MacBook M1 no problem, worked absolutely fine. Even though it is not supported officially.

• ozon
    edited October 2023
    Options

If you have a workaround, please share.

But AFAIK, all of the Maschine models except for the Mk1 are class compliant and don’t need a driver for macOS.

• 2A2E
    2A2E Member Posts: 30 Member
    Options

I just plugged in the MK1 Mikro into the MacBook Air M1 and it worked, no workaround or anything.

I only found this out because I bought it on eBay thinking it was the MKII (note to myself: do not buy anything on eBay late at night!!) and was frustrated at first but then connected it and it worked. Latest software, Ventura.

I guess that although not officially supported it still works as part of the Maschine 2.0 Software. So you might not need a driver but NI still has to support it in the software.

But of course it could stop working with the next release, who knows.

In the end buying any Maschine MK1 is probably a bad idea. Long or mid term. Sell it and get a used MKIII somewhere. Isn't there the possibility to upgrade to a newer version from an MK1?