Maschine + Software 2 Sound Problem?

Options
ManeBeats
ManeBeats Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I connected the Maschine+ with my Mac to use it as a Controller but I cant hear any sound.

Can someone please help me?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,309 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

You are probably a little bit confused.

Here is how it works:

You connect your M+ to your computer with only the USB cable (don’t even connect the power brick)

You open Maschine software (which is the one that will produce sounds)

At this point you chose if you want the audio to come out of the computer (selecting the computer audio interface in the audio settings of Maschine under preferences) or if you want the audio to come from the M+ integrated audio interface (selecting it in the audio settings of Maschine under preferences) and plugging the outputs on the back of M+ to some speakers (or a mixer, connected to the speakers). With this second solution you also gain the inputs on the back of M+, in case you want to record something external (guitar, synth, your phone output,…) in the Maschine software

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Where do you expect the sounds to come from? I ask because some people are not aware that connected to the computer it becomes just a controller for Maschine software. Did you open it? (Sorry if the question is trivial)

Also: when connected to the computer, don’t connect the power cable

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,358 Expert
    Options

And what audio interface are you using?

• ManeBeats
    ManeBeats Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

I connected without any Interface only with AUX.

Do I need an Interface for that?

• LostInFoundation
    Answer ✓
    Options

You are probably a little bit confused.

Here is how it works:

You connect your M+ to your computer with only the USB cable (don’t even connect the power brick)

You open Maschine software (which is the one that will produce sounds)

At this point you chose if you want the audio to come out of the computer (selecting the computer audio interface in the audio settings of Maschine under preferences) or if you want the audio to come from the M+ integrated audio interface (selecting it in the audio settings of Maschine under preferences) and plugging the outputs on the back of M+ to some speakers (or a mixer, connected to the speakers). With this second solution you also gain the inputs on the back of M+, in case you want to record something external (guitar, synth, your phone output,…) in the Maschine software