Problem with filter knob missing on Kontrol S2 MK3

Options
valentin31__
valentin31__ Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited February 29 in Mapping Traktor

Hello,

I recently bought a Kontrol s2 mk3 and find it has a problem. You can't use the effect eq filter and an echo effect for example.

There is no button dedicated only to the eq filter like on many other controllers but only one where all the effects are grouped together.

For example, a friend recommended a transition with the eq filter and echo, but it's impossible to make this transition.

I've done a lot of searching on the internet but I can't find anyone talking about this. Does anyone have the same problem? And has anyone managed to solve it?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,689 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

There are Dual and Dotted Delay available in Mxer Effects menu.oth combine an echo with LP/HP filter effect. Both sound bad though.

If you need a custom mapping made that combines mixer effect and and FX Unit effects then send me an email. See my signiture.

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,407 Expert
    Options

You could use a 3rd party mapping for the s2, for example https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/10188

Or you could buy a unit made to control fx in traktor, like a used Traktor X1 mk2, or a new x1 mk3. They work in combination with your s2.

Btw: The Mixer FX that you can currently control with the s2 has an fx that combines filter + echo.

• valentin31__
    valentin31__ Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

ok thanks a lot, the 3rd party mapping allows me to do what I'm missing? like using two effects at the same time?

And how can I use the fx that combines filter and echo?

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,689 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

There are Dual and Dotted Delay available in Mxer Effects menu.oth combine an echo with LP/HP filter effect. Both sound bad though.

If you need a custom mapping made that combines mixer effect and and FX Unit effects then send me an email. See my signiture.