Traktor X1 MK1 have stopped working

HalfPrimer
HalfPrimer Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Both my X1 MK1's have stopped working with Traktor 3 on my Dell Windows 10 i7 laptop. They have previously worked perfectly with this set up. I have updated the software, reinstalled the necessary drivers and controller manager. I've followed every step in the NI help article, however nothing seems to work. Has anyone else run into this issue? Are these controllers no longer supported?

Answers

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod

Hi @HalfPrimer,

for starters, the MK1 generation is still fully supported on Windows.

I suggest to reinstall the NI Controller Editor using this installer:

Controller Editor 2.7.6 Windows 10 and above

Please note that it's crucial to have the X1s disconnected while reinstalling.

• HalfPrimer
    edited September 2023

Hi @Mark_NI ,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Glad these controllers are still being supported.

I uninstalled the version of controller editor I had (2.8.2) and installed 2.7.6 (with the X1's disconnected) however the controllers are still not being recognized by Traktor 3.

When I plug the controllers in the the lights fade up in sequence from bottom to top (like they always have) however still not working with Traktor 3. I restarted Windows, and tried both controllers, directly connected to the computer, with different cables.

The Shift and Hotcue buttons seem to be dimly lit, whilst the MIDI icon is continuously on in the software at the top of the UI.

Is there anything else I can try?

Cheers,

Phil

• Markovicz

Thanks for the update. When you are saying that "the MIDI icon is continuously on in the software at the top of the UI.", is it the same when one X1, the other one or both are connected?

• HalfPrimer
    edited September 2023

Hi @Mark_NI,

Thanks for your response, yes it's the same when both are connected, separately and at the same time.

• Markovicz

Aye, THX for specifying!

Next approach: let's quickly check your MIDI port configuration.

Please connect the controllers, then open your Traktor Preferences -> Controller Manager. Here, please expand the DEVICE menu and then take a screenshot and post it.

Thanks in advance!

• Jayaprakash
    Jayaprakash Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    My controller X1 MK1 is not recognise while connecting with Traktor pro 3 software and also I have moved to MacBook Pro M3 Sonama software recently kindly help me out in this
  • Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 302 Pro

Well done that man! ☝🏻

This discussion has been closed.