Is there a way to reset an ensemble when starting or stopping edit mode.

Options
Studiowaves
Studiowaves Member Posts: 454 Advisor

Not sure what is happening but some ensembles do not work correctly after exiting edit mode. Is there a way to sense the exiting of edit mode that I can use to send a reset in core? As it stands I have to stop and restart the run audio button.

tiA

Comments

• Quietschboy
    Quietschboy Member Posts: 47 Helper
    Options

Run audio is the only way to trigger a full initialization (except Ensemble reload).

Many Ensembles were programmed poor relating re-initialization, unfortunately. Building re-init-save Ensembles requires some advanced building knowledge and experience. In this respect, it is understandable that not every builder can do this.

Honestly, i don´t know what happens at Edit Mode On/Off. It can be a simple re-init, a full init or something inbetween. Or something different. I didn´t look at that in my Initialization investigations (see thread "R6 initialization info") because i have edit mode always on 😏

• Studiowaves
    Options

Thanks for the info, I forgot about ACEW. I think edit mode doesn't restore the running processes properly so I just start and stop it. No big deal really. Initialization is weird sometimes with the LIST module. Every so often they stop dead in their tracks. But if I unlock the panel in edit mode and exit out they start working. Bizarre at best but at least I found a work around. Can't win em all with software for sure. Thanks

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Options

I use Control + R to switch on/off the audio engine.

• Studiowaves
    Options

Thanks Paule, had no idea.