User Library Banks

Options
2»

Comments

• Doobox
    Doobox Member Posts: 35 Helper
    Options

Thanks for clarifying. Shame I can't edit posts since some above no longer make sense.

• Doobox
    Options

I will try and refactor the pieces of code that depend on new api only present in a macOS 14 target.

Even if I can only get it down to macOS Ventura would be good, as I realise you guys that depend on everything working as expected for professional work are holding back from Sonoma.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,810 mod
    Options

Yeah I'm on Ventura. tbh I was going to upgrade today but am still trying to make sure my RME Fireface will still work, it was a mission getting it installed on my M1 Mac to start with.

• Kymeia
    Options

Just tried and works great with NKSF presets but doesn't seem to accept NKSFX yet (NKS FX presets)

• Kymeia
    edited October 2023
    Options

The vendor is editable, but editing the vendor will require you supply your own artwork and know where to place that in your file system

Just to clarify - if the user is editing a vendor name for a product that already has NKS graphics then they just need to rename the vendor name also in the corresponding folders in NI Resources/image and also in NI resources/dist_database (because otherwise it will also lose its categorisation). If on the other hand they are making new NKS for a product that doesn't exist as NKS already then they would need to supply their own graphics (and database files) regardless of whether they edit the vendor name.

• Doobox
    Options

Thanks for the heads up. Totally overlooked nksfx. Easy enough to add but may have to wait till next weekend. Back to regular job knocking nails in for a living tomorrow.

" if the user is editing a vendor name for a product that already has NKS graphics then they just need to rename the vendor name also in the corresponding folders in NI Resources/image and also in NI resources/dist_database"

true, but I fancy this could get confusing unless they edited every preset for that product, and continued to edit every new one they created for that product.

"If on the other hand they are making new NKS for a product that doesn't exist as NKS already then they would need to supply their own graphics regardless of whether they edit the vendor name."

True, These are the reasons I made an extra step to edit the vendor name. Those that know, know, this that don't should avoid.

• Doobox
    Options

As no one has reported any issues, with the latest build 1.0.5, I'm calling this complete and public.

Release notes: https://www.doobox.co.uk/appcasts/xcode/nksf_preset_banker/releasenotes/nksf_preset_banker.html

Download: https://www.doobox.co.uk/apps/mac/nksf_preset_banker.html

• Kymeia
    Options

Any chance of enabling this to hack the Product field? Sometimes this is desirable, for example if you want to make a standalone Reaktor or Kontakt instrument. I can do it using a hex editor so know it is possible - obviously at the user's risk as with vendor

Thanks

• TallerThanPenguins
    TallerThanPenguins Member Posts: 25 Member
    edited April 30
    Options

Hello @Doobox -

I've bought and have been using the preset banker - it's been super helpful.

Some features/enhancements I'd love to see added if possible:

1. Ability to edit .nksn files as well - not sure if there's any reason these aren't supportable?
    2. Change product name - use case being something like UVI's products that are all powered by a single Workstation/Falcon plugin but are ideally shown as their own products in KK
    3. Currently the sub-bank is remembered after saving the file updates. If anything it seems to make more sense to persist the primary bank name (in case working across multiple sub-banks) - but I suspect this behavior is perhaps not intentional

Thank you!