Kontakt Factory Library 2 for Kontakt 7.4.2 on MacOS 10.15

Options
riucar
riucar Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited September 2023 in Kontakt

Hy everyone,

I have Kontakt 7.4.2 on MacOS Catalina v. 10.15.7. Today I updated Kontakt Factory Library 2 to version 1.3.0 after installing I realized that it only works in Kontakt 7.6 (I have Kontakt 7.4.2) My question is how do I reinstall the previous version that works on my computer? or, What is the best solution?

Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• fedemara91
    fedemara91 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

I have the same problem with Noire, Session Guitarist - Electric Mint and Ashlight. I hope they’re working hard to solve this issue ASAP. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@riucar I've shared the link somewhere else in the forum, I'll put it again:

Kontakt Factory Library 2 version 1.2.0 for Mac

• riucar
    Options

Done!

Thank you Jeremy.

• Snap
    Snap Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

@Jeremy_NI

Hello, I have the same issue... I just upgraded my Noire VST via Native Access to the latest version and now it doesn't work anymore in Kontakt 7 Player in version 7.4.2.

It says on the latest version of Noire VST that it needs 7.6 Kontakt version but the NA software doesn't tell me that there is an update available.

I tried installing the link above that you put it doesn't work.

How could I resolve this please ?

Thank you in advance

• MHalloran
    MHalloran Member Posts: 29 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

It appears that Kontakt 7.6 requires MacOS 13 (Big Sur) or later. This is being discussed on many app forums.

• Snap
    Options

Thank you for your answer @MHalloran :)

I had a check on my side and I cannot upgrade my Mac OS to Big Sur because it is too old (mid 2012 macbook pro)... So I was wondering, is it possible to downgrade my version of Noire VST in order to make it work back please ? @Jeremy_NI

Thanks you !

• riucar
    Options

Yes, it is possible to downgrade. You have to reinstall the previous version of Noire for Catalina, that's all. Hopefully someone can provide you with the dmg file. Good luck.

• Snap
    Options

Thanks @riucar

It is good normally, I have found this link after searching on the forum:

It contains all previous versions of kontakt VSTs

• channelorangutan
    channelorangutan Member Posts: 8 Newcomer
    Options

Hello, where can I find the download links for current versions of libraries? It would be good If we could download them from a link in a browser instead of from Native Access (then we can use download manager extension from the browser!) is there a list of links for the current versions too?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@channelorangutan No, since they are available in Native Access, these are not available.

• jw1
    jw1 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi, I have just had the same issue happen and am downloading the older version of Factory Library now. Do I need to delete the updated version before installing the old one? Thanks! Edit: just went for it and it was fine, thank god. Kind of furious there is no warning in Native Access that the version you are about to install is incompatible with your operating system.

• k3rmap3rs3
    k3rmap3rs3 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Hi,

I've got the same situation. I installed the KFL2 1.2.0, but it didn't help. I also tested removing the contents in the KFL2 folder. The install says it was complete, but it didn't copy anything to the folder. The KFL2 is on a ext drive if that matters.

• mellotronaut
    mellotronaut Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi,

I have Kontakt 7.4.2 on MacOS Catalina v. 10.15.7 installed too and Kontakt Factory Library 2 V.1.20 doesn't load either, while Kontakt Factory Libray 2 Selection 1.10 does. can someone post a download link for V. 1.1x, please?

grazie mille

• KPPROD
    KPPROD Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I have the smae problem with my MacBook Pro OS 10.15.7 and Piano Noire will not play on Kontakt 7.4, I tried to install the Kontakt Library 2 but my Mac is not allowing me to do so. Is there a work around o install Library 2 on my Mac or is there an earlier version of Piano Noire available which works with Kontakt 7.4?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@KPPROD You will find some older versions of some libraries here: Previous versions of recently updated Kontakt libraries / compatibility with K6 older libraries

If you can't find something, please get in touch with our support: https://bit.ly/NI_support_NA