Is there going to be software to build custom NKS GUI, artwork, and Mappings?

Options
jorgefriasny
jorgefriasny Member Posts: 12 Member
edited September 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Perhaps an option to create your own NKS files for plugins that are not supported by the manufacturers?

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,620 Expert
    Options

That is already possible to save NKS presets and to save time there is a sticky thread on this forum with some or in my signature fully curated and compiled NKS libraries for many instruments.

There is no "automated" tool because it is kind of impossible to make a tool that can convert all the varying different data formats plugins use to store/recall presets and official developers need to create their own tools for their own plugins to do it anyway so NI can't provide this kind of utility, not that many out there want to spend the (many) hours it takes to work through it which is why there are libraries to save that time and effort already.

• jorgefriasny
    jorgefriasny Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

There was a tool "MASCHINE ICON", however the site is no longer up.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,288 Guru
    Options

Will be interesting if NKS2 someday offers some preparation tools vs what was possible in NKS1...

Time will tell.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,620 Expert
    Options

Never heard of it but there is no official tools, users and developers have had to make their own but even so, usually specifically for a single plugin. I have hundreds of tools I created for hundreds of plugins, almost none work on another plugin.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    Options

I think there will be a need for one for NKS 2

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

@jorgefriasny I'm not sure this will be possible for the end user, these features are intended to developers and manufacturers, but it's a question worth asking in our AMA: Ask me anything: Kontrol S-Series MK3