Ask me anything: Kontrol S-Series MK3

Options
Kaiwan_NI
Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,599 admin
edited January 24 in Komplete Kontrol

Ask Native Instruments Product Managers anything about the new Kontrol S-Series MK3.

Here comes the new Kontrol

The rumours are true. We're dropping a completely redesigned Kontrol S-Series MK3! Now with a high-res glass display, polyphonic aftertouch (props to those who knew this feature is coming), direct connection to Kontakt, and next-gen NKS technology, our new keyboard seamlessly integrates with the most popular DAWs out there.

See all the new features and specs here.

Joining us for this highly anticipated launch are our Principal Product Manager Matt Hines and Lead Product Manager Christopher La Pietra, who will be hosting an exclusive Q&A session with community members. From behind-the-scene tidbits to an in-depth look at the new features, we're open to questions about anything and everything.

Feel free to post your questions in the comment section below. Matt and Christopher will start answering some of your questions directly in this thread from September 18 until September 28, 2023.

Comments

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 411 Guru
    Options

A great update to my go-to device, so I've already pre-ordered.

Two questions:

1. Can you go into more detail about next-gen NKS? There's not been an update to the NKS page, but it would be good to know for creators, what these changes mean.
    2. There's only a tiny image of the new Komplete Kontrol. I dont' supposed you want to provide us with the larger image, as a bigger tease? It's really integrated with my workflow, so I'm VERY curious.
  • Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,776 mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

I love the new display

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,287 Guru
    Options

Already have my pre-order placed for a S61!

First in line at Sweetwater!

• ammonhottel
    ammonhottel Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Is the next-gen NKS technology going to change the accessibility features with the S-series MK3, or is it about the same?

Is there an accessibility user guide I can read on the S-series MK3?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,776 mod
    Options

Yes - there needs to at least be a toggle to pass through aftertouch (poly and mono) rather than just block it

• G.B.
    G.B. Member Posts: 73 Helper
    Options

Is there a list somewhere of what exactly is new...?

• G.B.
    G.B. Member Posts: 73 Helper
    Options

How many instruments/patches can you have playing at the same time (multis)...?

• mickeyl
    mickeyl Member Posts: 58 Helper
    edited September 2023
    Options

Is the S25 coming later or discontinued because of the larger hardware size of the new display? If so, let me also toss a vote for a 3 octaves model.

• rcmusic35
    rcmusic35 Member Posts: 17 Helper
    Options

Hi

Can we store more than one midi template directly inside the keyboard now that there is more processing power? if yes, how many. Thanx

This discussion has been closed.