The Grandeur Plugin problem!

Options
Alex Kvist
Alex Kvist Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi, I just purchased The Grandeur on ordinary Kontakt BUT I see I need Komplete Instrument

So I downloaded it via Native Access

But still when I try different Piano versions. I hear no difference? 

I tried Jazzy Grand style. But hearing no difference? 

What is the problem? 

It clearly says: 

Product type: KOMPLETE Instrument 

I downloaded it and thought now the piano plugin might work. 

I also tried to restart my computer and still all the piano versions sound the same.

Now this makes me a bit annoyed because don't tell me I just spent $99 on a piano plugin that won't even work? 

I can't even contact Native on their email for christ sake...!!!

If anyone knows what to do contact me also on: bananaliiice80@gmail.com

Best Answer

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    Options

No, you do not need necessarily Komplete Kontrol to use The Grandeur.

The Grandeur is a KONTAKT instrument and you load it with KONTAKT.

KOMPLETE KONTROL is basically (to say it simple) a "platform" where you can load any kind of compatible instrument (all Native Instruments products, almost all VST plugins, etc.)

So, when you load The Grandeur on KOMPLETE, you are doing it through KONTAKT.

Of course The Grandeur has a LOT of pianos, so what are you saying it makes no sense. I assume it is a kind of a simple "rookie mistake" (for example you are not double-click a sound to be loaded, you are just clicking the different previews, but it is always the same sound because you never actually changed it...).

Open KONTAKT stand alone, choose The Grandeur, and you will be able to navigate through sounds.

Then, read the manual of the Komplete Kontrol to learn how to use it correctly. :-)

• Alex Kvist
    Options

Hi, I tried to open up The Grandeur on stand alone. I still can't navigate through different piano sounds.

It all stays on The Grandeur piano. I chose Soft But Loud. Still same piano, sounds. I also tried double click. Still all sounds the same.

I read the manual but realized there is over 200 pages of alien language I can't understand.

English of course but....very complicated manual.

Also, do I need a midi controller piano for the The Grandeur to actually work?

• Sunborn
    Options

do I need a midi controller piano for the The Grandeur to actually work?

• If you actually want to play it, then of course you will need a controller!
    • If you just want to use it for playback ready-made patterns or midi files etc. then it is not necessary...

It does not make any sense that you always have the same sound... you should read Kontakt manual (or even some basics of music making)... are you sure that you are using the instrument presets?

• Alex Kvist
    Options

I think I solved the problem.

I finally found the so called snapshots of all different piano lists versions. And I guess from here I just have to experiment forward with effects.

I was always thinking: What am I doing wrong, where can I find this stupid list. Why does all piano sounds the same....?????

Please tell me this is makes sense now? :D

The pianos sounds so much difference with the the snapshot list.

Thank you so much!

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 410 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

All of those snapshots, are exactly the same as the snapshots in the Komplete Kontrol image at the top of this thread- you're just accessing them with two different programs, but they both work. With KK, it's double click to load, and with Kontakt, just select the snapshot.

If you install Kontakt 7 Player (I'm assuming you don't own the full Kontakt) You can then use previews and a much better tagging system.

Kontakt 7 Player: Free sample player (native-instruments.com)

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 468 Pro
    Options

The snapshots are simply different configurations of the basic Grandeur piano. Some are brighter, some darker, some with different environmental ambiance. But it all comes from one physical piano recorded in different ways. A grand concert piano like the Grandeur will always sound very different from an upright piano such as The Gentleman. And there are a number of different piano libraries available through NI or other various vendors, but you have just this one. But the sound can be changed though the presets or by simply you modifying individual settings such as having the lid open or closed.

The core software used to play the Grandeur is Kontakt. You can play it using the screen display keyboard in Kontakt or use any other MIDI keyboard attached and configured on your PC. As mentioned previously Komplete Kontrol is simply a different interface that uses Kontakt with some additional capabilities for integrating with a MIDI control keyboard to aid in configuring and running the piano in conjunction with a DAW.

• Sunborn
    Options

Wow.... i thought that everyone knew where is the presets (snapshots)!

I would never imagine that people need help on that too (since it is literally in front of your eyes)!

So... it was never a real problem after all... :-)

Next time, it might be a good idea if people who ask for answers, warn us that they have absolutely no idea about the basics, so we can provide such simple answers too.

...and also, to understand that the very FIRST thing we do when we explore new areas or new devices is... to read the manual! 😉