8 step analog trigger sequencer, inspired by Doepfer A-155

Moonbot7000
Moonbot7000 Member Posts: 61 Member

I wanted to drop this here in case anyone has comments or suggestions for improvement for my entry A-155 Trigger Sequencer | Entry | Reaktor User Library (native-instruments.com).

I will post description below. One question I have out of the gate is about interpolation. The bottom row sequences Audio inputs and can Glide/Morph between them, slightly similar to a wavetable. Im worried about aliasing in between steps and not entirely sure how to implement interpolation. I plopped a 4pt int. delay at the end of the xfade,but i don't know if this is the correct way to do it, I need to do some more research, saw a post recently about different interpolation methods so Im going to do my homework and come back to it, unless anyone has the time to check it out and let me know. Im very excited to contribute back to this awesome community that has created so much and taught me everything I know. I hope you all enjoy it and again, any suggestions for improvements are openly welcomed. Cheers!

Description:

More enhancements to come including internal routing capabilities and "Mute/Skip" Steps.

First Upload in a collection of "Inspired by" Doepfer A-Series modules. I have 5 or 6 others so far that just need some final tweaks and panel work. All Rack compatible and use the block conventions (Modulation is done a little differently but all is compatible with the A/B & values used by blocks/racks)

8 step sequencer inspired by the Doepfer A-155 Analog Trigger Sequencer. Https://doepfer.de/a155.htm

Each step can be manually triggered by clicking its lamp or with a positive 0 crossing at it's input (over top of its number at the top). The Start and Stop buttons do not affect individual step triggers. To step through sequentially connect a gate to the "Step" control and ensure "Start" is active. "Stop" will pause the sequence. The Control box can also be manually triggered by their lamps/buttons next to the input.

Trigger Sequencer: Consists of 4 lanes controlled by 2, 3-position switches. 1 switch for lanes 1&2 and 1 switch for lanes 3&4. The "Up" position activates the trigger for the top row (1&3 respectively), middle position is "Off" and lower position activates for bottom rows (2&4). Lanes 1,2,&3 are short gates (called triggers by Doepfer) and Lane 4 outputs a 1 when active and a 0 when inactive for the duration of the step.

CV/Value Lanes:

There are two lanes for values that output values independent of Trigger lanes.

Top lane: controlled with the knobs and the range selectors plus the glide control. "Pre out" is before the sample and hold, "Post" is including the S&H with inputs directly below for control over Glide and S&H.

Bottom Lane: Controlled with the "CV" inputs and the knobs act as attenuators. Audio can be connected and will scan through audio inputs or whatever you choose. The Scale knob attenuates overall amplitudes. The corresponding box of controls is the same as the lane above it. The Glide control can only glide between the current step and the one previous so if it gets too far behind it will drop the oldest step when a new one is triggered. Not sure how to prevent that, open to suggestions.