Seeking Help with MPE Test Instrument - Crashes in Various DAWs

Options

Hello fellow forum members,

I hope this post finds you well. I'm currently facing a perplexing issue with my MPE test instrument, and I'm reaching out to this community in the hopes of finding some guidance and solutions.

Problem Description:

I have an MPE test instrument that keeps crashing when used with different Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs). To provide more context, I've created three test cases in three different DAWs (Live, Logic, Reaper), and they all seem to encounter crashes.

Interestingly, the crashes occur at different times in each DAW. Sometimes, it happens during the second pass, when the sequencer is set to loop.

What I've Tried:

- I've installed the latest Kontakt update 7.6.0

- I've tested on two different macs (os 12.3.1 and 10.15.7)

My Request for Help:

I'm reaching out to the community because I'm at a loss regarding what might be causing these crashes and how to resolve them. If anyone has experienced similar issues or has expertise in troubleshooting MPE test instruments, I would greatly appreciate your insights.

Please find attached my three test cases and the mpe test instrument. if the samples are not loaded automatically please open the instrument in the daw and point to the instrument folder to load them:

Specific Questions:

Are there any known compatibility issues between MPE test instruments and certain DAWs?What steps can I take to diagnose and pinpoint the source of these crashes?

Any advice, suggestions, or guidance you can offer would be immensely helpful in resolving this issue. I'm eager to get to the bottom of this problem so I can continue my work with MPE instruments without interruptions.

Thank you in advance for your assistance, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Peter

Comments

• peter123456789
    peter123456789 Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Feeling a bit down that no one responded.

• noY_T
    noY_T Member Posts: 37 Member
    Options

It's hard to tell what exactly is going on here. You scripted a sequencer and then your DAW breaks when using MPE?

• medusa
    medusa Member Posts: 85 Helper
    Options

I had a crash first time I used it in Kontakt standalone.

Second time I'm getting hung notes and clicks.

Is Group Solo supposed to be on?

Testing with Linnstrument.

• medusa
    Options

I'm not sure about your MPE approach. Here's a simple MPE sine wave, the way I typically go about it.

• peter123456789
    Options

Thank you @medusa for testing and confirming the crash.

The Group Solo was on by accident, but it crashes anyways.

I refactored my script according to your approach but it still crashes the test-project with the test-instrument.

Did you never experienced any crashes when building an MPE Instrument in Kontakt?

• medusa
    edited September 2023
    Options

I have had crash issues sure, but that instrument I attached seems stable.

I avoid from_script index 0, because I seem to have trouble with that occasionally, but I don't have a firm test that demonstrates it.

• peter123456789
    Options

@medusa thank you for the »from_script index 0« hint!

just tested it quickly in logic.

no crash so far.

I will check this extensively tomorrow.

thank you!

• peter123456789
    Options

@medusa I would like to show my appreciation for your help. You can't imagine how long I was looking for a solution to the crashes. Are you into eurorack and can I buy you a drink?

Peter

• medusa
    Options

Haha! So far I've successfully avoided modular addiction, it's a slippery slope. ;-)

All the best!

• peter123456789
    Options

@medusa you sound exactly like me a year ago. : )

let me know, when you get into it, then i have something for you. the dose does the poison. ; )

thank you very much!