Ask me anything: Kontrol S-Series MK3

Options

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,807 Expert
    Options

I can see only one real use for built in audio interface. If one takes keyboard to live performance and does not want carry external audiointerface (cabling and so....). But is that 1% of keyboard users? Or even less....

I agree with Jester that faders if they are not motorised or touchstripe are highly impractical... And those who need pads may buy separate pad controller and place/glue it to keynoard.

It might be good if NI made modular plugin blocks for those who cannot live without faders and/or pads. Also display could be in two modules one touch and one normal....

One could configure keyboard to taste. Even the audio interface could be optional plugin for those who are willing to pay for that.

The question is, if there would be enought demant for those modules, if payed separately.....

• GuidoGuido
    GuidoGuido Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Unfortunately USB-C ist the new standard for the EU market. Get yourself a USB-C/USB-A Adapter for around 80 ct. :)

• Gryphon304
    Gryphon304 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Hi, is there any chance that Reaper will make it on the "supported DAWs" list eventually?

Wouldn't mind if was through a third-party plugin, but I guess you would need to provide some API/documentation also for that.

• phynal
    phynal Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Any ideas on a black edition on the MK3?

• Casper's Kitchen
    Casper's Kitchen Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I am here becauz i am curious.

Had thoughts of getting the small S-Series Keyboard, but still unsure if i can make use of it.

• ALDREAD
    ALDREAD Member Posts: 58 Helper
    Options

This is the list from the spec webpage

• Ableton Live
    • Bitwig
    • Cubase – support coming in late 2023 
    • Digital Performer
    • FL Studio
    • Logic Pro
    • Pro Tools – support coming in late 2023
    • Studio One

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 202 Advisor
    Options

Does it have scales mode built in, or does Komplete Kontrol have to be running?

Does it works as a standalone controller for hardware with knob mapping profiles?

willl you need to use the Komplete Kontrol wrapper for plugin control while using ableton?

• Keith Cocker
    Keith Cocker Member Posts: 122 Advisor
    Options

Will it bring decent Komplete Kontrol software? I.e. fixing the many things that were broken on the Apple Silicon update last year and that still haven't been fixed.

• Duffcat
    Duffcat Member Posts: 35 Helper
    Options

Are Smart Play options available in stand alone MIDI mode? I am assuming that since the MK3 has a computer onboard and since Smart Play is listed as a feature of the keyboard that this has or at least will be implemented.

• Duffcat
    Duffcat Member Posts: 35 Helper
    Options

It looks like I'm not the only one asking that question. Please NI could you comment on this? You are listing the Smart Play as a keyboard feature after all. If it's not a keyboard feature then that specification should be under the software 'features' rather than the hardware ones.

• mraak47
    mraak47 Member Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Hi, not a question about KK SMk3 but just wonder if there are any plans to release a standalone version of KK keyboard to compete with AKAI MPC key. If yes, please consider option of being able to load (in standalone mode) at least one Kantakt library of our choice (3rd party as well) as well as some sort of Guitar Rig 7 (with at least one clean and one metal amp sim and at least one 4 x 12 speaker cabinet sim with option of loading IR). Thanks!

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 223 Pro
    Options

Is Reason integration planned? I love Reason, Reason = life <3 :D

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,865 mod
    Options

You can control Reason transport already but it doesn’t have deeper integration yet

• Wouter De Muynck
    Wouter De Muynck Member Posts: 223 Pro
    Options

Unversal Audio LUNA DAW integration would be very nice!

This discussion has been closed.