Traktor X1 and F1s with Pioneer DJM 750MK2

Dan Graham
Dan Graham Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi all,

Previous CDJ user here, just getting started with Traktor.

I have a DJM750MK2 and want to run an X1 MK2 for my track decks on two channels and two F1s for loops and samples on the other two channels.

Lots of help tutorials online about mapping this setup within Traktor but I'm actually just after a bit of guidance on the best way to 'physically' connect things.

The mixer has a USB port on the back plate and what looks like another on the top plate (although I'm not sure if that is tied to the send and return channel's?) my Mac has two USB ports. How do I wire it all up? I got the mixer as it was labelled as Traktor certified and has an internal sound card so I thought that would mean I don't need an external audio card. Is that right?

So, do I just run one USB from the mixer to one USB port on my Mac and then a USB hub with all the controller's attached to the other USB port on my Mac? Is it that simple? Or do I need to use the mixer as the 'hub' and just have one cable from the mixer to the Mac?

I'm assuming I'll need a USB hub either way so can anyone recommend a good one? Does it need to be powered?

If there is anything I should be aware of running this set up then please let me know.

Any advice at all would be great. Totally brand new to this part of DJing.

Thanks in advance,

Dan.

Tagged:

Comments

• Nuno Moleiro
    Nuno Moleiro Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi, not an expert here but it would seem to work as you sugested: " I just run one USB from the mixer to one USB port on my Mac and then a USB hub with all the controller's attached to the other USB port on my Mac".

You can even connect all of them to you hub, wich in my experience doesnt need to be powered.

Also "traktor certified" means it work with DVS. Not that you need for you cenario but good to know.

Best regards

• Dan Graham
    Dan Graham Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks so much Nuno!

Great to get your comments here.

I'll let you know how I get on 😎

Dan.