GUI design: adventures in Blender.

Options

Comments

• Bolle
    Bolle Member Posts: 349 Pro
    edited September 2023
    Options

My math homework:

The delay Time controls are -0.5... +1.5. Because i didn't want to redo the math of the tempo sync that might have made me able to keep the Time knobs 0... 1 and still be able to make time divisions in the low ranges.

Modulation inputs will be labelled -1/+1 because that will be needed to modulate the full range (2) of the knob.

I gave the Mod Rings the same range (-0.5... +1.5) as the knobs.

As far as i can tell, the result is (and should be) that when the knob is in the middle position and the CV slider is fully open, modulation will go exactly from the knobs minimum to maximum range.

Amiright?

This would mean that when modulation input -1/+1 goes to a 0...1 knob, the modulation would go beyond the knob range when the CV slider is fully open, and i need to 1/2 the modulation signal. Right?

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    edited September 2023
    Options

Lunar Delay now available for download.

Stereo Delay with external modulation inputs for LFO's and what have you.

Screenshot:

Get it here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/15029/

This delay unit will also be part of the upcoming CRUDE ensemble update.

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    edited September 2023
    Options

Some Japanese bloke did a sound demo video for the Beezlebaum. I downloaded it and put in on the youtubes. You can stop watching around the halfway mark. It's all annoying high resonance filter squeal from there.

Here's the video.

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    Options

Hacksaw. A little box of saw waves. That is all. But it will do it quite well.

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    edited September 2023
    Options

The wave shaping for the Beezlebaum came out sounding really, really great. Beyond my expectations. Especially the square and saw oscillators.

I was diddling around with a 'Subharmonicon' clone from a Reaktor tutorial. That didn't sound very good. But it did give me the idea of isolating the saw oscillator from the Beezlebaum, and adding two sub oscillators.

It's a super simple process, but it sounds super fat.

I didn't have the extra space in the Beezlebaum GUI, and the plan was to build this for personal use only, so i built a little box and designed a new GUI. Then i decided to upload it anyway. Who knows. Maybe someone else likes saw waves? 😆

Here is the result. Hacksaw.

You can get it here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/15031/

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    Options

If i were to make knob kits for Blocks, what type of knobs would you like?

Greets,

Bolle

• Brett Lavallee
    Brett Lavallee Member Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Hey Bolle I’m not sure specifically, but a graphics kit for blocks from you would be awesome

• Bolle
    Options

I'm dabbling. 3D modeling for Blocks is a pain in the butt. The standard NI sizes don't correspond to real world measurements in any way. And the flat lighting and the 0° camera angle make it very difficult to make something look good.

• Bolle
    Options

How's this?

Moogy knobs to kick things off.

Available for download here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/15033/

In the future, i'll probably do matching backgrounds and scales for the type of synth/knob i'm emulating.

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    Options

Hm. Cream.

• Brett Lavallee
    Options

Those look great!

• Brett Lavallee
    Options

can you do one that looks like a dungeons and dragons dice

• Bolle
    Options

I can but i won't. I would have to design and apply graphics to every face of the dice. 20 faces. Not doing that.

• Bolle
    Options

Updated:

GUI KIT Knobs Moogy.

Standard Moog black, plus cream, magenta, white, orange and teal.

Get it here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/15033/

Greets,

Bolle

• Brett Lavallee
    Options

I like those ones with the large metal centers