HELP - Calculating time remaining after trying to download anything

Options
rudymatos
rudymatos Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I just purchase Invasion and I'd like to give it a try. Since last night, I've been trying to download Kontakt 7 Player and Invasion using latest version of Native Access with no luck.

I tried installing the Intel Based version of the app, previous versions , restarting my computer and adding more that 15 items to the queue at the same time but nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?

M1 with MacOS Sonoma

Tagged:

Comments

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 278 mod
    Options

Hey, heads up, Sonoma has not been officially released and as such we have not announced our support for Sonoma OSes yet, as it is in Beta and unstable. I can't say for sure that the OS is the reason without knowing more, but just making you aware.

• plepola
    plepola Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I have the same issue, and I strongly believe the reasons are Sonoma's security changes related to disc access. This does not surprise me because this has always been a challenge for Native Access.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,778 mod
    Options

It could be several things:

1. check router settings if http-connections are blocked (or if only https connections are allowed)
    2. check security software if something is blocking aria2c and whitelist aria2c in case it gets blocked
    3. turn on hidden files -> go to Macintosh HD / tmp -> delete every file with the ending ".metalink"

To make hidden files visible:

• Navigate to the folder where you want to find hidden files.
    • Press Command + Shift + . (the period key). This will show hidden files in the folder.
    • To hide the files again, press Command + Shift + . again.

If that doesn't work out, get in touch with our support here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

• jluis7
    jluis7 Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I found a solution, but NI does not let me post the link because I am too new to this forum (You just keep shooting yourself in the foot NI)

Just search for: "How to Downgrade Native Access 2 to Native Access 1" and follow the steps there. Yes, you will be installing an older version of the program, but guess what? Unlike the current one. This one actually works with Sonoma and will let you update your software as well as install Kontak 7

In essence, I was having similar issues as the OP after upgrading to Sonoma. Native access was not installing Kontak 7 and all updates were hung. I could not install or update anything. After trying multiple things including uninstalling and re installing everything. I came across the article to install Native Access 1 and decided to give it a try. Lo and behold, that thing worked. I was able to update all my NI apps and got Kontak 7 installed. Everything is working 100%

It is surprising that NI's older version of Native Access works better with the new OS than the current version. It almost makes me thing NI developers are unable or not capable of looking at their own code history to help their product work.

I hope this helps!

• Jordan Brazinski
    Jordan Brazinski Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

jluis7's response worked perfectly for me! Spent all day trying to get my software to download on my M2 MB Air with no luck. All it would do was show "calculating download time" or something of the like. I followed the NI guide to downgrading my software from NI 1 to NI 2 and my software downloaded instantly!