Rare issue with routing - Traktor Kontrol S4 MK2

Options
ltaro
ltaro Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello everyone,

I'm currently facing an issue with routing the monitoring signal to the headphone output on my Traktor Kontrol S4 MK2.

The problem specifically pertains to the left earphone. Strangely, the signal is being routed to the right master channel, both within the Traktor software and externally. This situation is quite puzzling, as it exclusively happens with the left earphone, associated with output number 3. Conversely, output number 4 accurately directs the signal to the right earphone rather than the master.

Additionally, output number 2, which corresponds to the right master, is being sent correctly to the right speaker, but it's also unintentionally being routed to the left earphone, playing through both simultaneously.

I've already double-checked the routing settings in both Traktor and my MacBook, and I've experimented with various combinations, all without finding a solution.

Rest assured, the master channel is functioning, with channel 1 properly channeled to the left speaker and channel 2 directed to the right speaker.

Thank you for your help!

Tagged:

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,760 mod
    Options

Have you tried switching the device off then on again? My audio mk2 sometimes has this problem.

• ltaro
    Options

I've already tried that without success :(

• ltaro
    Options

Update:

I continued experimenting with different approaches in search of a solution. I installed Traktor and the controller drivers on my Windows desktop PC, and to my surprise, the routing was working. Both the headphone output and the master channel were functioning as expected. This leads me to believe that the issue might be related to Mac. I'm not entirely certain, but perhaps someone else has encountered a similar problem on Mac and could lend a hand?

• GET WEIRD
    GET WEIRD Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

So this just happened to me as well with an updated Mac OS and Traktor 3.

I switched back to Traktor 2 and have no balance issues. Must be a bug in 3?

Hope this helps!