"vendor" tag in M+ ?

Options
2»

Comments

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 348 Guru
    Options

I did a post last november about the organization of the user library of M+. I noticed vendor didn't work for me back then; but I just assumed that's how it worked. I never looked into it any further. Kind of interesting to see it working when using the User Content folder. I was copying stuff to a usb stick.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,947 mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

Oh, then it should be easy for you, it's just regular commands with a Python script, called NimBank. It can edit any tag like "Product" for example (non-editable in Maschine sw) which allows your custom Groups/Projects to have their own main icon in the browser... Now that I think about I am not sure it will help much for this specific problem but if you are familiar with Shell you can def use it to tag your packs much, much faster.

Sorry, reading that back now it sounded kind of rude.

Moving everything back to where it was, removing the newly added user-lib and doing a full reboot + scan doesn't fix it?

I don't think it's related to other filetypes as I don't have anything other than .wavs; I'll do some more tests to try and figure this out.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,364 Expert
    edited November 2023
    Options

Well, as it seems it doesn’t work anymore for newly copied libraries, but keeps working for old ones as long as you don’t change their location.

Which means it’s probably more related to scanning than keeping that information.

• ozon
    edited August 2023
    Options

@D-One wrote

Sorry, reading that back now it sounded kind of rude.

Absolutely no offense taken! Although I was pretty mad at first because my working tags were ruined, I found the whole thing to be quite hilarious myself!!

Moving everything back to where it was, removing the newly added user-lib and doing a full reboot + scan doesn't fix it?

No. Unfortunately not.

Which tells me that registering the Vendor doesn’t work anymore regardless of the location and way to add the user sample bank.

I don't think it's related to other filetypes as I don't have anything other than .wavs; I'll do some more tests to try and figure this out.

I try removing all the non-audio files, but it’s quite tiresome and boring to do all that testing. Very kind of you to spend more of your valuable time on this.

Frankly, I would expect someone from the Maschine team to become proactive about such issues.

• Kai_NI
    Kai_NI Product Team Posts: 51 mod
    Options

Hey all,

A bit late to the party, but here to let you know that we will be queueing this up for investigation and fixing.

• ozon
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi Kai, thank you very much for letting us know.

This would be very helpful, as of know I have a hard time filtering and navigating my later added custom samples.