All my Komplete Instruments are in Demo Mode

Options
Nigel Mullaney
Nigel Mullaney Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

All my Komplete instrumenst are in demo mode and my libraries are missing. I have deadlines and mixes to finish and I'm utterly at a loss

Best Answer

Answers

• John G Smith
    John G Smith Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Me too Nigel. Did you fix it? I've had this MacBook for a year and everything has been fine until today. No idea what happened to make it all go DEMO on me.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • Andrew composes
    Andrew composes Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

this is happening with me as well. Some but not all of my Komplete 14 collection is showing 'demo mode' including Kontakt7. I have tried all of the steps suggested to no avail. I have re installed the OS. I have tried migration. I have contacted support (nothing from them yet ). Been using NI for years and never had a stop-work issue like this. And there is no one to call. Really feeling unsupported here as the days pass by, with clients waiting for work. If anyone has more suggestions other than what's on this thread to get my purchased software out of demo mode, please let me know. Thanks

• Nigel Mullaney
    Options

Andrew, it’s fixable - what platform are you on? It’s an issue with Native Access. I have heard NOTHING from support, invested thousands with NI and the experience is awful. This can be solved by deleting the corrupted XML files and restarting Native Access.

You can do this as follows:

1. Navigate to:
    2. Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center
    3. Delete the Native Access.xml file
    4. Restart Native Access. New .xml files will automatically be created.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Andrew composes I see my colleague got back to you this morning. Hopefully they'll find a solution.

• Andrew composes
    Options

Thanks @Nigel Mullaney - I am on OSX Ventura Mac studio m2. I have deleted the XMLs and the problem persists. Some libraries will load, but many show up as demo, despite the fact that I own Komplete 14 Ultimate. It worked fine on my older intel machine.

Thanks @Jeremy_NI - I did get a reply today from your colleague who offered the following advice:

"Please follow these steps in order to get it solved:

• Go to

Macintosh HD > Users > Shared > Native Instruments > Native Access > ras3

• Delete the activation token of Kontakt 7: 

9259876f-e616-4e21-bc27-0b506868e1d0.jwt

I had already tried this several times, since its the first thing that appears in the forums. However that particular .jwt is not present. I deleted what .jwt files were there. No joy.

Maybe Native Access is not actually compatible with apple M2? Maybe it is a registration issue?

In any event, this is day 5 of work stoppage. @Jeremy_NI please help - I am literally loosing money and reputation here. Thank you.

• Nigel Mullaney
    Options

it does sound like corrupted XML files. I deleted all my xml files, rebooted and reinstalled native access and everything was back.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Andrew composes I"m sorry, I'm not a Native Access expert, you're in contact with my colleagues, please get back to them with the files they requested this morning. Hopefully they will find a solution to the issue. You're in good hands!

• Andrew composes
    Options

Thanks @Jeremy_NI. I certainly hope they find a solution as well considering my investment in this product. We are looking at day 7 with no solution from Native Instruments. Seven days without being able to deliver stems, stereo reference, or, anything to clients. And all I can tell them is " Native Instruments is not working".

• Andrew composes
    edited September 2023
    Options

For those of you following this thread, I am at 10 days with my NI Komplete 14 stuck in Demo Mode . Support seems to get back to me every 3 days with a suggestion to try. Anyone considering moving to m2 take warning - it might not work , despite their compatibility claims. And when it stops working , don't expect to be helped anytime soon. Fingers crossed that they sort this out soon. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE NI, but this lack of functionality with Native Access is totally unprofessional.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Andrew composes AFAIK there are no similar known issues with M2 or M1. Your case seems to need further investigation though and my colleagues will get back to you.

• Andrew composes
    Options

For those following or experiencing similar issues, the demo mode curse has finally lifted!! I am not sure what the fix was (or the problem for that matter) but NI has figured it out. Proceeding with caution, and very happy to be back to work. Thanks NI and @Jeremy_NI .

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Andrew composes Native Access 3.6 and 3.6.1 seems to have fixed the issue.

• Aaron Guidry
    Aaron Guidry Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    Options
    The problem is back in Native Access 3.8.1 with M2 Ultra, Sonoma 14.3.1. I've tried everything mentioned in this thread. Any advice @"Kaiwan_NI " or @Matt_NI ?
  • MorrisEd
    MorrisEd Member Posts: 72 Helper
    Options

This happens typically due to duplicate installs on your computer. The programs will launch in demo mode when launched from a location that is not consistent with the install path in Native Access. How to resolve: 1) find your content location by checking settings in Native Access; 2) go directly through finder or file explorer to that folder location and launch the program directly by clicking on the launch file; 3) if step 2 works, make sure all shortcuts point to this location along with vst folders in hour DAW.