Native Instruments Apple Silicon M1 Compatibility

Options

Comments

• tross93_10
    tross93_10 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hi @Kaiwan_NI @Jeremy_NI, I would also like to assist with testing the ARM native version of Kontakt. I am using a 14 Inch MacBook Pro with m1 pro.

Thanks!

• superpre
    superpre Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Hi @Jeremy_NI, Macbook Pro M1 Pro user here, would like to try the ARM Kontakt beta too!

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,583 admin
    Options

@fortea @Mashincrane @Mangivolo @orpheusstudio @tross93_10 @superpre @rthrale @Machinesworking @ProdBy430 @tea_0g @jimexplore Good news! There's no need to join a beta test to take this version of Kontakt for a spin anymore. The M1 and Monterey-compatible Kontakt is now available on your Native Access.

Read what our Kontakt Product Manager has to say about the release: A few words on the new Kontakt 6.7.0 update

And here's the changelog: Kontakt (current version: 6.7.0) 🤘

• borkasOne
    borkasOne Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

These are GREAT news! Hope Reaktor/Reaktor Prism is next on the list ✌🏻😊

• ThatAdamGuy
    ThatAdamGuy Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Hey there,

Am I correct in understanding that -- for those of us using Komplete Kontrol on an M1 Mac -- we not only still need to run KK in Rosetta mode, but also Logic and Spitfire libraries and all other libraries?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,688 mod
    Options

Komplete Kontrol is running in Rosetta mode by default, it's Logic you need to run in Rosetta mode so it's compatible with applications that don't have native support for M1 computers yet.

• djix
    djix Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Hi all,

Is there a timeline for when you're planning on updating any other products to work with Apple Silicon? Most of my other software works natively but it seems like all you've finished is Kontakt? It would be helpful to know what the priorities are here.

Thanks.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,114 admin
    Options

We don't have an exact timeline but Kontakt was indeed the priority because it loads quite a lot.

It's hard to say what next will follow since the teams are juggling around quite a few compatibility topics beyond Silicon but Maschine/KK is definitely a big one too.

• shnimen
    shnimen Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

hi!

I am thinking about buying the komplete 13 ultimate, but I have a M1 Max which I have read is not supported by any of the products of NI. Do anybody have any experience with komplete working on the M1 Max? I know a lot of the products are yet to be compatible with the Monterey and M1 native, but I know a lot is already working on the system already.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,688 mod
    Options

M1 Max is supported, like the normal M1, for the most part only in Rosetta mode. So far only Kontakt 6.7.0 is ARM ready. The thing that you need to be aware of is that there are known issues with the Komplete Kontrol, Maschine and Traktor software (mostly audio performance issues) as well as our audio interfaces. We'll update the M1 compatibility article to reflect that.

• Kapa de Freitas
    Kapa de Freitas Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hello!

I read on the other topic that you guys would like to have a better grasp of the amount of people waiting on M1 compatibility so I've come to sign the waiting list.

I am an Ableton user, and now that Ableton is M1 compatible, NI plugins (except for Kontakt) have started showing strange behaviours, the most notorious one ( that makes the plugins unusable ) is having a sustained note playing even when transport is stoped, there are no notes extending beyond the midi clips, no sustain pedal envelopes and midi input is set to none.

Bought Komplete 13 this week.

• onurozudogru
    onurozudogru Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I just came to express my disappointment with NI on this process. It's been almost 2 years now, and I have to use my most important plugins (together with my DAW and all other plugins to make everything compatible) on an emulator.

"The company's mission is to develop innovative, fully-integrated solutions for all musical styles and professions. The resulting products regularly push technological boundaries and open up new creative horizons for professionals and amateurs alike."

Guess some technological boundaries require a bit more push...

• octopus
    octopus Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Hi NI need a roadmap on your M1 update plans. Software development (Agile or Waterfall) works to an overall Project Schedule. Can we please have some milestone dates you are working to. Rossetta is not an excusable option given where Apple and other MI software vendors are at in March 2022. This is not at unreasonable request. Thanks 😉

• DJ Steve Simon
    DJ Steve Simon Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Does Traktor Pro 3 with a S8 run with an Apple M1 Max chip! I am a windows10 user and I am planning to buy a Studio M1 Max or a M1 Max Laptop.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

This discussion has been closed.