KK software improvements. We do NOT need new S-series MK3 KK Keyboards...

Options
13»

Comments

• Apollobeat
    Apollobeat Member Posts: 15 Newcomer
    Options

Hi guys,

its funny and I enjoy reading your posts here. There are so many creative and innovative ideas.

The question I have is, will NI implement any of these ideas?

I would like to, but I don't really believe in it.

NI is primarily economically oriented and will only implement what generates sales. There are simply not enough users who are seriously concerned with the topic of NKS and are desperately hoping for improvements... however, the past has shown that NI thinks differently!

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 153 Advisor
    Options

In the first instance, automatic labelling could be based on the file name. A simple and effective approach.

If the file name did not provide sufficient precision, an "other" tag would be assigned to the sound. But already this system would save us a lot of manual tagging work.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,305 Guru
    edited August 2023
    Options

Good suggestion for a starting point.

It quickly gets cumbersome to implement most any categoric naming scheme.

So much so that I'd think it might be best to just leave naming a bit whimsical so as to spark interest and to log a place in human memory.

Letting automated analysis and refined metadata lay the foundation for searching is the only way to keep on top of this firehose of sounds.

A user having a default prefix and/or personal naming scheme would be nice for the surface of things... BUT.. the real work is the automated metadata. A user might even have a automated personal naming scheme based on the metadata

• Theo van de Ven
    Theo van de Ven Member Posts: 43 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Personaly, I like allmost everything about the Komplete kontrol MK2 accept the keybed. I think the Fatar keybeds are absolute rubbish.

Within a year it will be rattling so loud that the neighbors are complaning about it.

As long as such keybeds are used in whatever keyboard ( the same goes for Nord Stage ) I will certainly not buy it any more

• nightjar
    Options

I do think the S-88 Mk2 keybed is somewhat hard and clacky.

However I do like the the keybeds in all the shorter options, both S-series and A-series.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    edited August 2023
    Options

Implementing ideas is not one of the strong point of NI

About “what generates sales”…what I don’t understand is how they don’t get that improving the good products they inherited from precedent work and having happy users advertising how their needs get implemented (and therefore that their products are up to date and answering musician’s needs) would surely attract new users…

• nightjar
    Options

I think NI did sort of did what I was hoping for with the new S-MK3 line.

Not really a huge change to hardware from the standpoint that NI did NOT add pads, faders and thankfully kept true to the elegant concept of 8 continuous knobs with smart mapping.

Instead, NI made KK "software" improvement the main point of S-MK3

This was achieved via the combination of an on-device CPU + new desktop KK. I was hoping for a"software" improvement to be more purely achieved with just an evolved desktop KK - but if an on-device CPU makes the future more flexible... well, let's see what happens.

Will be a fun 2024 seeing the growth of NKS2 and perhaps also a deep embrace of MIDI 2.0.

• vgmrmojo
    vgmrmojo Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Let's just get today's stuff working to perfection and not just change stuff to keep up or keep ahead of other companies.

• Lautaro Tanok
    Lautaro Tanok Member Posts: 44 Member
    Options

I'm just here to tell you that the s88 mk2 has a bug in the sustain pedal, and bative instruments' response is that they don't have time to fix it because they are receiving requests for the new line. I paid $1000 for a keyboard that doesn't have any sustain, I don't recommend this brand.